Looking for a Body SHop to help sort out this mess.

chrismindless

hello all,

i dont really know many people down here and the best body shop I know of is in youngstown.

my car was fixed by progressive only it has come back worse than when it went in. i dont want to give it to one of their body shops as that shop wont be on my side.

Im in the OSU campus area and I need a place that does great work, i dont need any favors or free work, I just need an honest and reliable place.

If you can help me out, that would be great!

cheers

^^^ nice ...

well, everything is on hold, it gets even worse ...

after the accident, which i was no where near the car or involved, progressive sent a letter to the BMV saying I was uninsured! the company i was insured through told the BMV I wasnt insured ... RED FLAG anyone? so my license is now suspended ... and my 6 month renewal just came in ... its up by $600 cause i have to file SR22 ... WTF :confused:

somebody is calling geico today ;)

streamline automotive

http://yellowbook.com/Listings/Listing/84321930/?T=1&Q=businessname%3a+streamline&WH=Franklin+County%2c+OH&CT=3&CS=2&AN=0

corner of cleveland and north broadway. They do great work for not a lot of money, and will work with the client to get the most cost effective option for the results the client wants. They did an amazing job on my old's driver side door after I had my "Tommy Boy" incident.

after the accident, which i was no where near the car or involved, progressive sent a letter to the BMV saying I was uninsured! the company i was insured through told the BMV I wasnt insured ... RED FLAG anyone? so my license is now suspended ...

OK, I have to ask, how was your car in an accident that you were not involved in and wasn't near the car?

I guess the bigger question is this, how were you uninsured yet they paid for your car to be repaired?

It sounds like you need a lawyer more than a body shop at this point.

As far as the BMV, you need to contact them, state your case and send them copies of your records of payment to your insurance company. I would also get request in writing from your insurance company a letter explaining why your coverage was dropped and if it wasn't at what point it is good from and to send that to the BMV as well. As long as you can prove you had insurance, the BMV will chock it up as a clerical error and reinstate you. But if I were in your shoes, I would STILL go get a lawyer and sue the insurance company for lost wages and time, as well as any other expences you have occured, not the least of which is the cost of the SR 22.