Tune up the lawn mower

gaewsky1

I need a shop on the east side (Reynoldsburg area) that can tune my lawnmower. I has been running like crap the past few mowings. It starts running fine and then the motor hesitates and then stops. I've changed the gas, spark plug, oil, added some sea foam to clean the carbs and changed the filter. I don't have any other ideas. The grass is getting long and I thought with rain the next couple of days I could get it fixed someplace.

Thanks in advance.

It starts running fine and then the motor hesitates and then stops.

How quickly does it stop? If it is just a few seconds then its probably just running on the fuel that went in from priming it(assuming you did that). Keep pressing the primer when its dying and if it stays running while priming it then you know theres a problem with the carb delivering fuel.

What brand motor? B&S? It definately sounds like a carb problem. If it is an older or cheaper model the carb will be mounted on top of the fueltank. There will be a rubber diaphram between the carb and tank. It's probablly torn or just worn out. You can pick up a replacement diaphram at Lowes.

Thanks for the ideas. It is a push mower by Toro and only two years old. If runs up to 5 minutes before it shuts down. I do prime it before I start it like is says to (3 pushes of the primer).

I'll try draining the gas tank and cleaning it out and try to replace the diaphram. If that doesn't work I'll give Ermal a call.

Thanks again.