Who has has Laser eye surgery?

Bam

this is kinda of on the subject... I have never worn glasses but the past year or so, I've noticed that my eyes are really sensitive to light at NIGHTTIME only and typically on while driving.... IE:I'm driving down the road and the car in the other lane's headlights hurt the shit out of my eyes... is this something that requires glasses or lasik or what?

/tread jack.

You don't need to be put out for it, it takes like 2 minutes per eye.

glasses - PITA

Laser surgery - Life changing event that so significantly improves your quaility of life that you will be pissed you didn't do it.

Well one HUGE downside that he did tell me he could pretty much garuntee would affect me would be the night time driving and GLARE, off lights. I do a TON of driving, and LOVE driving at night, so this is something big to me. We'll see how monday goes, I'll update then...

• 3 months later...
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But I am thinking of doing lasik in the next month and wondered if anyone who posted had gone through with it (reviews and costs would be great)? I'm thinking of going to TLC off of Polaris or Lasik Plus. Dr Beran is too expensive for me.

Got mine done at revision off of polaris.. No halos at night, 20/15 vision now.. They give you an option of 1 or 2 valium pills, so I took 2. :) Procedure took about 1 min per eye, you go back into the waiting room for 30-45 mins, get checked then go home. The light outside HURTS and you absolutely can not touch your eyes for the first few days. You have to wear goggles to sleep for the first 3-4 days, plus sunglasses whenever you are outside.

I went with their new procedure called custom wavefront, it fixed every flaw in my eye, front to back. Kinda costly but being cheap on my eyes isn't something I felt comfortable with.

So you can't drop a few bills and have them give you x-ray vison or superman heat vision? haha just playing

I'm actually going to get this done over the summer and I'm scared! But I'm still going to get it. The ladies love me with NO glasses..lol

I keep hearing nothing but good things about LasikPlus on Polaris..

I just got mine done at Lasik Plus. I highly recommend them. I also have a $100 coupon if you get the surgery done before June/July timeframe. Let me know if you want it.

Thanks. I go for an exam this coming Friday. If I go through with it I'll send you a pm to see if you still have the coupon. Do you mind me asking what the total cost was?

Guest Ponyfreak

$2100 after insurance kicked in ~$500. Best thing I ever spent money on.

I had horendous eyesight and wore glasses since 1st grade. I had 20/15 for the first 6 months after the surgery, and now have 20/20.

The only negative side affect were halo's at extreme low light situations. However this only occured after I had been up all day long and my eyes were tired. For the first 6 months I noticed this quite a bit but now after 1.5 years I rarely notice it. Even in the lowest light situations and I am tired there are not as many halo's as there used to be.