Opinions on Z34

Cougar1647545494

Ok. I need another car for company use. I'm going to be putting a shit ton (that's a real term) of miles on this car. I dont' want to use the cougar as I'd basically destroy the car. It needs to have a nice ride, decent gas mileage, reliable, and look pretty good. I've always loved the monte's and they're relatively cheap. They have enough power to get out of their own way as well. The extent of modding will probalbly be a nice quiet dual catback and an intake if I get the monte.

Any opinions on them? Any opinions on other cars? Thanks.

I was looking at accords, but they're not cheap, but they are really nice and pretty much exactly what I would be looking for.

The job is 70% driving, i'd like an automatic so I dont' have to deal with that. Preferably American. I'd like a used car, so I don't pay out the butt for something new. NA or FI, I dont' really care. Probalbly NA, this is strictly a go from place A to B car with a nice ride and decent creature comforts.

I was checking out a 98-99 z34. They're a bit cheaper then the newer SS's and I honestly prefer that body style.

600-1k miles a week is about the average mileage. It's not really hard to do. A round trip from Columbus to Cincinati is 200 miles. I just need to keep that in mind. The car needs to be a beast by not breaking, and repair easily and cheaply if it does break.

it'll be fine. I've seen some go as low as 3K around here.

The repairs are pretty cheap compared to other cars out there.

If you could find a good deal on one.. go for it.

(it'll also be most likely faster than your cougar :)).

+1 for the GM and the Accord

Accord has good space, great milage and is easy on repairs since it's a honda. I don't know enough about Z34s to say anything, just that the idea of an accord is a good one. the 94-97's are good, FI, NA, and are pretty dern reliable.

Ha ha. I've raced two z34's in the Cougar and beat them, surprisingly to me. Though it wasn't really fair since it's a modded 2.5 and still slow as crap versus a stock 3.8.

I'll look into the z34 some more. I like the 98-02 Accords (I believe those are the years, that bodystyle), that type of bodystyle, but they're not cheap.

Any clue on some good places to score a black one in decent shape? A lot of em have near 250k on em. Thanks.