FS: Racer's Garage & great house too!

craig71188

I am going to be moving in the near future, and before I turn my realtor loose on selling my place, I am trying to get the word out to car guys to get them first crack at it. I thought about selling about ten years ago, but built on instead. At that time I had a parade of lookers come through who couldn't care less about the garage - what a waste! I need to move my wife into a single story house, so this time it has to go - but better to an enthusiast than someone who's going to let it go to waste (IMHO). So here are the details - if you know anyone, please have them get in touch:

$189,900 – North Clintonville (backs up to Worthington)

Garage: 28x40 block, 100 amp electrical service, air lines throughout, rear shop measures approx. 28x18, accessed by single overhead door or service door to front of garage. Shop is insulated and has fluorescent lighting, gas heat and provision for window a/c. 240v outlets and an outside service door. Front area has double overhead door and incandescent lighting.

House: Two story, Tudor Styling (Brick/Stucco/Shingle), approx 1600 sq ft., exterior just painted! Hardwood throughout except kitchen, 2nd floor bath and 1st floor master, gas heat, central air, updated electrical and plumbing.

First Floor: Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen and Master Bedroom/Bath

Second Floor: Three Bedrooms, Full Bath, Walk In Closet, pull down stairs to attic

Basement: Full basement with a third full bath and an office. Large room (approx 15.5 x 25.5) could be finished into rec room or ??? – features three windows and an outside entrance!

Lot: Double lot measures approx 76 x 145, long driveway with 40’ gravel pad by garage for trailer(s), motorhomes, etc!

Great neighbors have put up with me for almost 20 years with no problems. House & garage are currently full of our stuff – take a look – we can leave some of it for you!

jcbutt"at"wideopenwest.com

Thanks! The garage was built in 1981 - shortly after that the city of Columbus changed the zoning to only allow garages of 720 sq ft or less (unless you get a zoning variance - fat chance unless you have big $$$$). This one is 1120 sq ft (+/-) and you get the "lower" city taxes (as opposed to the 'burbs). Like I said, I'd rather see a car guy (or girl for that matter) get it as opposed to it being a glorified self storage unit.

The nearest Columbus high school would be Whetstone, althought there are a couple of charter schools closer. The closest grade school I think is Salem Elementary and probably Dominion Middle School. My kids are at DeSales, but it's about the same distance to Watterson. St Michaels (K-8) is right aroung the corner.

The road race Fiero that inhabited the garge and it's sister parts car are gone. The only garage stuff left that I want to sell rather than move are the machine tools listed elsewhere in this forum (Metal lathe, mill, balancer, sharpener).

Of course wildly big cash offers could buy the Formula Ford and trailer - almost anything can be replaced!

• 3 weeks later...
Bump - prospective new house found - going for second look Sunday - last call before realtors get involved (early December) - if serious, get in touch - offers considered. $125K still won't get it done - but $180K might! I'll know more if I make the offer on the new place.

• 1 month later...
Prospect house fell through - too much work for me. We are now in a holding pattern - realtors still on hold. Looks like we will continue to offer the house to a few car groups (CR, SCCA, etc.) until some of the interest that has been expressed dies down. I would MUCH rather see another car guy/gal get it rather than someone who just wants a storage box for their "non-car" junk!

Actually I have two realtors who are more or less "on-board" - they're willing to stand by for now as they understand my ability to better access the groups that would have a greater interest in the garage. Thanks for the offer though!