wrx guys

thorne

I've just had my new tires put on which cleared up the noise i was hearing. I also had a allignment and balance. But i still notice a slight vibration @ 75+ and by 100ish it feels i dunno unstable so i avoid those speeds for the most part? Does the WRX feel bumpy up high ?

If not what should i look at next, I'm just trying to get this thing in great working order .

if anyone wants to drive it who knows wrx's let me know I am more then willing to let you drive it to help me diagnose this. I will even by beer/food for your time.

I've got a PASSPORT in it for a free testing i could also pace you into my monte I don't care i just want to know whats up or if I'm just used to the monte's soft ride.

I got them done at goodyear on the west side. i've got assurance Tripple treads on them. I wanted something good for snow and rain. I had it rebalacned again. Again could it be anything else? I will go back and bitch if someone thinks its unbalacned

I will cheack in a few minutes if they rebalacned them first time they triade a inside only balance i took it back . I will check in a few minutes.

I hear ya Thorne, I just don't know how it could be something else besides the balancing. I've driven the STI and the WRX and I never experienced anything like what you are saying. If the problem persists I would take it to a dealership, it's probably still under warranty is it not?

I've got 68000 Miles on the car,

I'm just trying to get her in order. The balance has been done twise by goodyear before i go back and complain more i want to make sure the problems not something else.

What else could it be?

differital ?

Drive shafts?

shocks?

I just don't know because the scooby world is new. to me.

it is out of warranty :\

I've got a few mechanic freinds 1 is a master kia tech. But known of them know much about the WRX I'm going to run it by gearhead when i see him but i figured if anythere wrx guy wanted to give me input great.

could be the shocks/struts, the car could've had lowering springs before on the stock dampers, and that hurt them, or its very possible that w/ 70k on it they are going out, especially if its had a hard life, possibly some winter/offroad time. I'm sure if they REbalanced them they are fine, but you could watch them balance each one and weight it, to make sure. Otherwise, take it to derek, he'll help ya/

What is vibrating? The shifter? The whole car? Steering wheel?

EDIT: What Bam said is probably your problem. You said the problem got better with new tires, which would lead one to think it is something suspension wise and that just dampened the problem.

My brother was having the same problem on his GT, and after replacing the tires just as you did, new shocks and struts cured it. He couldn't even go maybe 70 before it started to shake. I would take a look at the shocks/struts like Bam said.

feels like hole car, steering wheel for sure.

I can feel its i think in the shifter but I dunno

1. Drivin a stick has been a few years ( Not since the horrid 1.8t experiance)

2. I don't know what it should feel like

Again someone wants to drive it i will come to you.

I just hope this don't cost me alot this is all taking away from upgrade money:\

I was just curious because if it was mainly from the shifter it could be the output shaft or something like that. But, you would definately notice it coming from there.

Like I said in my Edit, I would go with Bam's advice and check the shocks/struts.

You could jack up the front and move the wheel around..check for any free play in any of the joints or the rack. You can also push in on the tire and see if there is any free play there.

Another thing you might want to check is the U-joints on the drive shaft to see if there is a lot of play there.

I am just giving you things to check I know of. I am sure someone can provide a more specific analysis.

I say take it to another goodyear shop to have them verify the balnece of the tires. If its good ask if a tech could ride along so you can show them what they are talking about. If they rule out the balance as being a issue.

If that not the problem then like everyone else has said. If your going to replace any supspenion parts I would go with STi parts if price allows you to.