Well um...

V8 Beast

I have a riddle... whats pewter, has racing stripes, and no 3rd gear.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/busted.jpg

I'm pissed I did not get a single clean pass. I think I killed my tranny racing that vette yesterday. I ran a 13.8 with no 3rd gear.

Well at least it happened now and not in June!!!!!

LOL!!! I would kick the dog, but he helped me with the intake manifold :D

I was hoping to buy a tranny in April after I finished my suspension mods, and forged out the bottom half... but I guess now its tranny first. I do know one thing... I'm going to have a few tricks up my sleeve when the snow clears. So if you dont know what what my tail lights look like, you will soon enough. :p

I'd buy your own rebuild kit from Stage 10 and give it to John so his dealership tech can rebuild it with said parts. It'll save you a boatload in labor, and be just as strong as anything shopped out.

BTW, I know it sucks, I was there last year. But you should have done the tranny early on, the mods you have agree with me :)

Yeah, I'll look into those options, as well a few more. And I rolled the dice with the tranny and lost. I should have swapped it out the second I went over 550rwhp... shoot, I should have switched it the second I hit 400hp. I will definitely be getting a second job so that I dont mess up my budget more than I already have.

I hear that RPM's trannys are good to 700. Who makes good trannys that can hold more than 700.... just wondering

Rpms are in cars making well over that and holding just fine. They can even do your rear end and a nice convertor for you. RPM makes different levels of transmissions for whatever power needs you want.

I already have a 12-bolt strange, 33 spline axles, 3:73s and all that good stuff. I just want to make sure the tranny can hold up to my winter plans.

I have seen a few people with Rosslers and RPM's running 8's on ls1tech. Thanks Sam and Anthony, I'm just going to keep doing more research before I buy.

What are your thoughts on putting a T-56 in a 9/10 second car? I heard it was a pain to try to shift with that much power going to the wheels. I know A4's are more consistant, but M6's are more fun... Plus they are easier to fix

Damn, everyone is going out with a bang. I know its possible to run 9's with a standard, but the window to shift is so small that unless my skills are on point I would loose a lot of power. I'm going to stick with an auto, and aim for low 10's next year. If I want to go 9's I'll do it with weight reduction instead of power. That way it will still be streetable.

Dude, if you are shooting for 9's then go auto. There is only so fast you can go with a 6 speed and a clutch. I am not saying you cant run 9's but it is way easier to do it with the auto. Unless you plan on runnin straight cut gears, stick with an auto.

Sam's absolutely right - go auto to make it easier, however it can be done - even in pigs like ours:

http://www.frozenwaste.com/Frost/RPM/mm_big.wmv

He does not hit 9s in this one but he has made it into the 9s on this set up. I looked over on LS1Tech and it becomes apparent there are not many 9 sefc cars there running 6 speeds.

I just watched a couple of videos from the CR track day. My tranny was already slipping something awful back then. I ran a 12.2 on a bad tranny, so I'm curious to see what the car can do with a good transmission and spray. This is where waiting until next year hurts!!!