96 eclipse questions

wnaplay1647545503

I noticed this morning that the rear wheels were slanted in at the top. I gave them a little shake and could hear that something sounded loose. I took the rear wheels off and noticed that the bushings where the knuckle attaches to the upper control arm are gone on the passenger side. The auto parts place said they cant tell if the bushings are replacable. Anyone know? It appears that they might be part of the knuckle and not the control arm but they cant get the knuckle either. With the wheels up in the air I cant get the wheels to make the loose noise like when it was on the ground. Any suggestions on how to fix?

1) the wheels slanting in

2) the bushing problem

Guest Removed

tires chopped up causing noise? if they are cambered in like that, then i bet they are!

most bushing are replacable, but auto zone and advance arent going too be able too help you.

the dealer will tell you you can only buy the knuckle. thats false go to jegs and buy a energy suspension bushing kit. it will have those bushings as well as all the other wore out bushing you should replace anyway. i suggest you get a sawzall with the small blade about 1/4 " tall and 3 1/2" long. that will cut the bushing out of them once you get that out the old bushing will push out. good luck becasue its a shitty job. but will ride nice when done. i did my 95 gst.

the dealer will tell you you can only buy the knuckle. thats false go to jegs and buy a energy suspension bushing kit.

Thats all I need to ask for "an energy suspension bushing kit", and they know what I need? How much is it and is for both sides or do I need a kit for each?

• 2 weeks later...