C6 ZO6 Stock 10's?

Buck531

Guest 1sweet3.4
damn that thing was in one hell of a hurry. I didn't realize that they were that fast, i thought gm was claiming mid 11s at best with those. Were they sandbagging the numbers?

The testers were only able to get 11.5 out of the new vettes. Adding drag radials wouldnt take off .7. Something just doesnt feel right. I know good drivers that have a best time of 11.8 in theirs...and this guy went 10.8, and claims he could have gone faster. I guess he was one of the lucky ones that got a freak of nature motor in his car. I know a guy on LS1 tech that had a TA that had 326rwhp from the factory. Freak of nature motors ftw!

Who is this guy in the video?

I have read several of the guys on the Vette boards going 11.3 Bone stock (stock tires and all). Fastest I have heard is 11.03 with Drag Radials but I still don't know if that was an ALL stock pass.

They could be doing free mods that they aren't listing.....

I haven't looked at the video since I'm at work, but I'd say that it is Ranger for CorvetteForum. I believe it. The guy is one nutty ass driver. He put a bone stock '02 Z06 into the 11.8's. With DR's and intake, I think it was 11.3's All the guy does is drive at the drag strip. I think he said he's ran 60+ times already in the new Z.

Yeah, I haven't looked the video, but I'm with Austin in assuming it's Ranger - the guy is e-famous for driving the piss out of his Z06's. I'd say the times and whatever are legit, considering his reputation and past history of driving fairly stockish cars to insanely low times.

Yeah, I haven't looked the video, but I'm with Austin in assuming it's Ranger - the guy is e-famous for driving the piss out of his Z06's. I'd say the times and whatever are legit, considering his reputation and past history of driving fairly stockish cars to insanely low times.

or drives Linn stock.

Guest noslo306
excuses why your not that fast stock? lol just kidding thats damn fast for a stock car. but if i had the 65,000 or 75,000 it took to get one i could have two cars running 8s. oh well.

ot would take more than 75k to get a car in the 8s you figuire motor around 15k and susp. and all the other work you have to do

excuses why your not that fast stock? lol just kidding thats damn fast for a stock car. but if i had the 65,000 or 75,000 it took to get one i could have two cars running 8s. oh well.

That's nice. And it still wouldn't be a C6 Z06. There is a LOT more to that car than just it's stock 1/4 mile performance.

That's nice. And it still wouldn't be a C6 Z06. There is a LOT more to that car than just it's stock 1/4 mile performance.

Remember Joe.

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

I wonder how much time he spend on a dyno figuring out the best shift points to get the most out of the car? Or does he do all of his trial and error on the track????

I'm pretty sure he just goes to the track. He never posts any dyno numbers. He logs all of his timeslips on a spreadsheet to show where his weak points are and what he can improve on.