Michigan....

Dr. Apex

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if OSU wins, then Smith wins the Heisman. Here's to hoping Smith scores on a run in the fourth quarter to seal the win and does the Heisman pose, ala Desmond Howard. Oh, how would the Big Blue Nation take that role reversal? :) Probably won't happen, but oh how I wish it would.

\

Yes that would hurt on top of the loss of a National Championship. I don't think OSU was in the running for a National Championship when Desmond did that. Michigan won that year which was 97 correct? So to lose the championship and see Troy pose for the Heisman would be a huge smack in the mouth IMO.

However I disagree about the Mich not being in the Nat. Championship game. I think U of M is better than FL, USC, ND and ARKS. They are at the very least the second best team in the nation. You watch, ARK will be playing OSU after they win out and win their conference. OSU will kick their ass in the Nat champ game. I believe that OSU is # 1 and U of M is #2 and if #2 loses to #1 in the last game and it is close in the end, maybe even in OT, Mich should not drop to #3 or 4. It's not like USC losing to an UNRANKED opponent. Why the fuck are they there? Mich would lose to the #1 ranked team ALL FREAKIN YEAR, OSU hasn't moved. How can USC's loss be better than U of M's loss to the #1 team? If michigan looses they will be ranked below USC watch. And that is some horseshit. College needs a tournament style end in December like the Final 4.

How can USC's loss be better than U of M's loss to the #1 team? If michigan looses they will be ranked below USC watch. And that is some horseshit. College needs a tournament style end in December like the Final 4.

its not just their one loss, to an unranked team, its that they played more ranked teams that michigan did all year. michigan so far has only played one ranked team (#2 ND week 3) USC has two more games with ranked teams.

but i agree that we need a playoff system. but i dont think it will ever happen. unless someone ponies up millions of dollars for it. :(

\

Yes that would hurt on top of the loss of a National Championship. I don't think OSU was in the running for a National Championship when Desmond did that. Michigan won that year which was 97 correct? So to lose the championship and see Troy pose for the Heisman would be a huge smack in the mouth IMO.

Howard won in '91. In case you havent noticed, Buckeye touchdowns are followed by a flip of the ball to the closest official. :)

By the way, to all you BUCKNUTS going to the game, make sure you drop by "Gameday" and drown out Desmond if he is trying to speak!

its not just their one loss, to an unranked team, its that they played more ranked teams that michigan did all year. michigan so far has only played one ranked team (#2 ND week 3) USC has two more games with ranked teams.

Bull shit Mich beat Wisconsin and they are ranked #16 NOW....they just were not ranked when Michigan Beat them.

Iowa (13) was ranked when OSU beat them, and the same with Penn State(24). Michigan beat PS on the freakin road, you osu fans know how hard it is to win in Happy Valley. And they beat Iowa 3 weeks after OSU did.

Not to mention Mich went in to South Bend and kicked some Catholic ass (#2), that was not a home game......ND is #5 now......

The fact is USC played like they always do against the Beavers, they are almost always down in the 1st half and come back to win. It finally bit them in the ass. They got beat by the Beavers, unranked curently and all year.USC should be down in 6-10th. You should not be penalized for losing your last game. When someone else can lose early to an unranked team and climb back up. They should not be able to go higher than 6 if they lose to an unranked team....USC will lose to ND anyway......and you can't rank ND higher than Mich!

I agree that when mich loses to THe Ohio state university, with one loss they are better than everybody else. But this is my long shot "osu v. um rematch" guarantee. arkansas loses to lsu, florida loses to ark in sec champ, usc loses to cal or ucla, but beats nd and wv wins over rutgers. Which means all 2 loss pac 10, big 12, sec, and a 1 loss big east is no way better than a 1 loss um. Also, for someone to win the heisman and not win the nationsal championship is impossible and will never happen! Unless you are going to get 1st draft pick money if you dont get hurt; win or lose.

But, to the arguement that we will need to rely on troy smith to pass the ball; is this something we are fearing or wanting. I mean a 66 comp 26td with 4 ints, a 168 rating. I am totaly fine with him trowing the ball. But, its a good thing um has faced such great running backs.

As not a fan of either team, I will say this; OSU will not be able to run the ball all day. Troy will have the burden to win, if he does well he will win Heisman, I just hope (for all you OSU fans) OSU's line can hold the surge all day and protect him. Oh and as much as I would like U of M to win to see a mass suicide in this town on the 18th, I think OSU will win by a couple. I hope this will be in overtime so they both go to Glendale in Jan.

Whats funny about this is little do you remember; OSU will run the ball like they did last year when they gained 118 yard. This happened against Woodley and the rest of that defense last year, which returned several starters to the current team, but wait so you're telling me those are basically the same guys that our offense gained 418 total yards on? Be it scums coaching is better and they have improved, I still believe OUR guys are better skilled and talented. Ironically enough our o-line is pretty much the same group as last year (which espn seems to think is inferior to scums d-line) and like our o-line, all most all of the other players on offense are the same, the same Gonzo, Ginn, Pittman, and Smith that Scum couldnt contain last year. And if you want to say "last year was last year and well look how much better scums defense is this year they only allow 30 yards rushing and like 230 something total yards a game" (just for fun the secondary defense for scum is 65th in the nation...) Well I think anyone who is a buckeye fan could say similar things about OSU's offense. And those who want to use the medias, "but OSU lost 9 starters on defense" well statistically we allow less points and yard and more turnover then last years unit, good luck Henne, you interception machiene you, Micheal Hart will move the ball, but not enough to matter, and Mario Manningham, well hes a bitch and Andre Amos owns him like hepries does to prostitues.

OSU > Scum

(home field advantage wins this game big)

I wouldn't want to replay UM if we win this weekend, that just gives them 7 weeks to prepare on changing little things that could result in a victory. Remember FSU - UF back in the 90's.. FSU won in the regular season then UF STOMPED FSU in the NC game.

I'm just very worried about this game... gonna be a very close one.

:nono:

for someone to win the heisman and not win the nationsal championship is impossible and will never happen!

um, i dont think anyone said that you were allowed to try and be intelligent. everybody listen up, from here on out, the national championship is an individual award that will be based on an athletes, and not a teams, performance throughout the year and will be awarded based on a vote of said athletes peers.

um, i dont think anyone said that you were allowed to try and be intelligent. everybody listen up, from here on out, the national championship is an individual award that will be based on an athletes, and not a teams, performance throughout the year and will be awarded based on a vote of said athletes peers.

Just so we are clear. That staement was made after I read this.

So to lose the championship and see Troy pose for the Heisman would be a huge smack in the mouth IMO.

But nice try. My very next statement was referring to last years winner.

Just so we are clear. That staement was made after I read this.

But nice try. My very next statement was referring to last years winner.

Huh?

My statement above was saying Michigan to lose the championship by way of losing to OSU on the 18th and to have to watch Troy pose like the Heisman Trophy would be a kick in the mouth to Mich. Just for the record. :eek:

Nice try what? :confused:

Huh?

My statement above was saying Michigan to lose the championship by way of losing to OSU on the 18th and to have to watch Troy pose like the Heisman Trophy would be a kick in the mouth to Mich. Just for the record. :eek:

Nice try what? :confused:

The nice try was to the other guy, I thought you meant if he wins the heisman and lost the nat. champ, it would be a kick the mouth to us, then i made a joke about reggie bush lay'n up at last years game.

ok bro, whatever. i went back and read it again, just in case, and guess what, it still doesnt make sense. apparently, its not just me that thinks so, either.

ill give you the benefit of the doubt though, youre not stupid, you were making a joke. nope, not dumb, just not funny either.

OSU 27 - Michigan 17

I don't think were going to move the ball a ton on the ground but we WILL move the ball on the ground. Troy will have to play his ass off as we have not faced a defense this good all year but if we win, Troy will get the Heisman and Michigan will not bein the national championship.

I would have no problem playing USC in the national title, be just like the good old days of Woody!!

Ben, I'm inclined to agree with your argument that UM, even with a loss to OSU, would still be the 2nd best team in the nation. However, traditionally, when you lose, you drop at least one spot in the polls, and usually more than that. So, even if UM is the 2nd best team, tradition would dictate that they fall out of that #2 spot in the polls, which then, in all likelihood, would remove them from the #2 spot in the BCS. Not to say that it's fair, it's just the way it usually is. Again, like I said, I'm inclined to agree with you - UM even with a loss is probably more impressive as a team than the other teams with one loss that are front-runners for the second slot in the championship game - ND (who they destroyed), USC (who's looked relatively average this year), and Florida (who has been fairly unimpressive).

Also, I'll reiterate, it just wouldn't be fair for the loser of the UM/OSU game to turn around and win the national championship after being beaten just a few weeks before by the same team.

Personally, I'd love to play ND, USC, or Florida. I'd like to play ND six or seven times a year if we could - they're so fucking overrated it's priceless. ND's defense could actually be WORSE this year, if that's possible. USC is a shell of their former selves, and I'd like nothing more that to hand them a beat down. And Florida, well, I'd love to show what a very fast, very athletic BIG TEN team is capable of doing to the best of the high-and-mighty SEC.