LS1 owns me

Guest 5.7

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you could have easily thrown a supercharger on your Formula, made more power than your Slowbra, had a car that weighed significantly less, and had less money out of pocket (even if you paid someone to put on the supercharger and tune the car).

Yeah, but at what cost? Reliability would have been much worse. Don't forget, my car can handle a lot more power without needing any kind of internal upgrades. And the money in my pocket that I saved wouldn't have been that much, when it's all said and done. Plus I got a warranty with my Cobra when I bought it. Which was still in effect with just the CAI and catback I had. I paid $22K for my Formula back in 2001, and $25K for my Cobra this year. Out of the box and modded, the Cobra is just a better car, in my opinion. If you can get over the little things people hate about the Mustang as opposed to the F-Body, like the shifter location and the (compared to the WS6) "normal" looks. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I loved my Formula. I was just ready to move on to something else. I also like how my car blends into traffic now. It looks just like every other Mustang, which I happen to like. Cops don't even notice me... :D

Cobras's do respond very well to mods, and it does cost less to get some good power out of them. But even with f-body mods costing more you can make more power and still save money over a stock cobra if you are just buying one. Now a modded cobra is an entirely different story. Both cars make good power, but if you are trying to get to the 600+rwhp range you can save money by getting a cobra. I personally wouldnt mind owning either one!!!

Sean's trying to make himself believe he was ready to move on. In all honesty, he couldn't handle the Formula, he pussed out :p:)

Actually, I didn't have Anthony's vast personal wealth to keep fixing my car everytime I broke it... :D

im about 6 5 like he said but its all in my upper body so there is no head room what so ever. i do fit....just not very well for the $24000 or however much you can find them for

So is an LS1 really that much roomier than a Cobra? I would think it isn't.

They actually do have more room than a cobra. Still a tight fit but with the t-tops there is also a good bit more head room. Watching him drive my car is like watching shaq drive a cavalier.

Yeah, I was never much a fan of the seats in my 03 Cobra. Too rigid for me.

i agree... i love cobras and always have. i have only been in the 03s so im not sure about the rest but you have to be a little guy (hal) to like the seats.

p.s hal if my dad gets off work in time were going to look at the camaro again... everything goes right hopfully get somethin worked out... :D

i agree... i love cobras and always have. i have only been in the 03s so im not sure about the rest but you have to be a little guy (hal) to like the seats.

Yeah, well, I'm not heavy - I weigh 165lbs - and, though I fit in the seats fine, they still weren't comfortable to me. Meh, probably just personal preference.

Anyway, thanks for the education on LS1's and room. Fast and roomy, who knew?

I agree, my cobra is EXTREMELY tight, you have to be somewhat of a contortionist to get it, and work the pedals. Plus the seats are uncomfortable and the belts hold you so tight I can't reach the radio controls. But then again, its a kit car so I can't argue too much..

Oh what was going on? :lol:

the 03 seats look good and suck to sit in. MAch1 seats are 1000 times more comfortable than cobra seats.

F-body seats are well f-body seats

Most comfortable seats are C5. C6 is tighter and stiffer.

Hal your bud should look for a vette. VERY good for a big guy.

When we went to this car show I sat in a 2007 Z06 I believe. That was a bad idea, I could barly get out... sucks being a super tall fat ass

Right please note I said C5.

Your not much bigger than I am and I fit in a C5 like a fucking champ.

carry on. :)