Plasma TV's

HAOLE

We have a 42 in. dell in our bedroom and love it. Really nothing negative that I can say about it. If you decide to hang it on the wall, dont spend the 250 on the wall mount they try to sell you in the store, I bought the exact same one on ebay for 40 dollars shipped.

I do believe best buy is going to have a toshiba 50 inch for 1700 on black friday.

I do believe best buy is going to have a toshiba 50 inch for 1700 on black friday.

I have looked at that... if I decide on the toshiba I will wait till BF and freeze outside Best Buy at 5 am.

toshiba is not my favorite nor consumer reports. I sell tvs at circuit city on polaris, Id be more then happy to get you the best deal you could find anywhere, if I had to recommend on, I would suggest the panasonic's or the new samsungs. I think our vizio (aka samsung 50" plasma is going to go for 1399 BF).

toshiba is not my favorite nor consumer reports. I sell tvs at circuit city on polaris, Id be more then happy to get you the best deal you could find anywhere, if I had to recommend on, I would suggest the panasonic's or the new samsungs. I think our vizio (aka samsung 50" plasma is going to go for 1399 BF).

I noticed the panasonics look good! I think they have the glossy black finish is cool... What are they going for? Have you noticed any brands that have more problems than others?

Whats your schedule at work?

Thanks

my family and i have had great luck with other toshiba tvs. we dont have plasmas though. i thought they were supposed to be one of the best. anyways the only thing i have heard about plasmas are they have like a 6-8 year life span before they go out. i read something on plasma vs. lcd and it said the basically the plasma you can view from any angle unlike the lcd but if i remember right it said the lcd had a better picture.

I got a Samsung 56" or 61" DLP. I cant remember what size it is... but I've had it for a little over a year and love it. The only issues I have with it are that when I'm playing certain games on my 360 it lags, and you have to be about 5-10 feet back from it.

If space is an issue I say go plasma. If you have enough space to be able to sit across the room from it, go LCD.

I noticed the panasonics look good! I think they have the glossy black finish is cool... What are they going for? Have you noticed any brands that have more problems than others?

Whats your schedule at work?

Thanks

evenings and weekends.

I hear he 50 inch panny is going for 1999 BF!

XBR3 = 1080i plasma FTW.

Sony makes plasma again?????????????????? interlaced????????

Im guessing you meant 1080p and the xbr3 is the black lcd with the floating glass frame iirc.

Oh and Carl the new xbr sxrd comes with a spare blub!

lcd = cheap 1080p, less colors, long life, replacable bulb only to 50"

plasma = great contrast, good 1080i, if element dies, so does tv. only to 55"

dlp = great tv up to 1080p 67" lighter, but 10" thicker.

I have heard that the gloss panels can be distracting.

I'm a sales manager for Panasonic....wait if you can. Prices will continue dropping.

My first 42" HD in our bedroom was bought about four years back was over $6k. I just gave that to my parents and replaced it with the latest for $1,200 including free shipping (employee cost)

The 50" TH-50PX60U is only $1,895.

The latest 1080P, full HD starts at 65", TH-65PX600U, runs about $6,200.

FWIW, 1080P is very nice, but until Blue Ray is more popular, it's not likely to be missed by anyone unless you see them side by side and like to split hairs.

Stay away from DLP if you can. Bulbs are pricey and longevity of the bulb life varies greatly.

LCD can be very nice and low price, but the contrast ratios are less. Sharp makes the best LCD. Sony is the price leader, but they are cheap too.

Keep in mind the viewing distance. 42" is for those between 11-13' away from it. However, if you have a huge place, the 103" is available :)

Good luck on the venture and enjoy!

I'm a sales manager for Panasonic....wait if you can. Prices will continue dropping.

My first 42" HD in our bedroom was bought about four years back was over $6k. I just gave that to my parents and replaced it with the latest for $1,200 including free shipping (employee cost)

The 50" TH-50PX60U is only $1,895.

The latest 1080P, full HD starts at 65", TH-65PX600U, runs about $6,200.

FWIW, 1080P is very nice, but until Blue Ray is more popular, it's not likely to be missed by anyone unless you see them side by side and like to split hairs.

Stay away from DLP if you can. Bulbs are pricey and longevity of the bulb life varies greatly.

LCD can be very nice and low price, but the contrast ratios are less. Sharp makes the best LCD. Sony is the price leader, but they are cheap too.

Keep in mind the viewing distance. 42" is for those between 11-13' away from it. However, if you have a huge place, the 103" is available :)

Good luck on the venture and enjoy!

Agreed,but theres something about buying 720p when you know 1080 is now about to happen.Panasonic would get my $$ right now if I could get 50 inches of plasma goodness with 1080p(without selling a kidney)

I,m looking at lcd for heaven sakes (still cant do black worth a sh**!)

Any word on the release dates? you can tell me nobodys looking:)