WTB: 95 eclipse NA 2 litre motor DOHC

EVILGTP98

I tore into my brothers car and the motor is trashed, so I am checking around for a replacement, 95 or 96 NA 2.0 litre DOHC motor. I have been finding some crazy prices on these motors and figured I would check around and see if anybody had one they are willing to sell for a fair price. Hit me up with any ideas, and thanks in advance for any help.

late

Good luck. When I replaced mine I was finding prices for $1500 used. I ended up getting a complete motor from a small junkyard about 1/2 hr away. They refused to sell it for the quoted $200. But with a little convincing they did. I guess the guy who quoted the price was in big trouble after I left.

Yeah if you Do put a 4g63 motor in it,And need parts let me know.I have Boxes full of 1g and 2g parts.From timing belts(new)to hard to find 6 bolt oil pans.NO HEADS OR BLOCKS.About everything else.

sorry.. check your info again...if it came non turbo it stays non turbo.... body to engine mounts( that are welded) are different....go talk to the guys at Columbus DSM..you are wrong. Unless they have changed the 2nd gen since I worked on them...;) ( which they havent)

Not to mention the fuel system is totally different... all the wiring is wrong( um 420as are dodge motors hence chrysler connctors, and the ecu is under the hood on the NTs just like a neon.....

now if it were a 1st gen it would be no problem but no go on a 2nd gen.

But I forgive you since the last 1st gen rolled off the assembly line when you were like what? 6ish....:)

sorry.. check your info again...if it came non turbo it stays non turbo.... body to engine mounts( that are welded) are different....go talk to the guys at Columbus DSM..you are wrong. Unless they have changed the 2nd gen since I worked on them...;) ( which they havent)

Not to mention the fuel system is totally different... all the wiring is wrong( um 420as are dodge motors hence chrysler connctors, and the ecu is under the hood on the NTs just like a neon.....

now if it were a 1st gen it would be no problem but no go on a 2nd gen.

But I forgive you since the last 1st gen rolled off the assembly line when you were like what? 6ish....:)

but heres everything you have to change, you will have to pretty much replace everything including the transmission, driveshafts, exhaust, A/C system including condensor, ECU, complete wiring harness, gauge cluster, radiator, shifter assembly, clutch lines, etc, etc.

but it can be DONE

Sigh...

not without cutting the front of a turbo car off and welding it onto the nonturbo...please look it up...lots of experiance here... belive me...it is cheaper to junk the non turbo and by a turbo 2nd gen...The WELDED mounts on the BODY of the car are NOT interchangeable..period.

Jesus christ. You can swap a 4g63 into about anything if you have time and aptitude but that doesnt make it a good idea. Do yourself a favor and do not listen to 90_tsi (no offense) b/c hes giving you advice that is very ill advised. If you pay 1400 for a 420a I have some land in Florida you should look into. I took the motor out of my parts car and sold it for 250 bucks in running condition on our website. Go to 2gnt.com and look around, there are always motors/blocks for sale on there. There are about a million Neons, Stratuses, Cirruses and Dodge minivans around this town w/ that block in it if you have the time to go pull it. Have you checked Car-Parts.com yet? If your block is fuxor'd get stock parts on 2gnt for pennies on the dollar and put it back together. Mike Phillips has a torque plate for the motor if you need it freshened up after you find parts. For 1400 bucks you could buy all forged internals and have a built block.

Whats wrong w/ the motor btw?

In all fairness hes a 4g63 guy from the looks of things. He probably knows 4g's as well as I know 420a's. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I seen a newb on 2gnt ask about the 4g63 swap into a NT. If those paths I've laid out dont work out then hit me up via PM, i'll see what i can dig up.

Yeah, For as many 2nd gens as Ive worked on, I know I wouldnt ever want to take on that swap..:) Dont know about you Chad... though I think I read somewhere that someone has done it...Road Race, or someone... maybe Hahn....been a while...Think I read it on DSMTuners one time.....getting old I guess..:)