removing heads

Bam

Is there anything special I should know when taking apart an engine? Like catch this or undo that? I figure if I take it slow it shouldn't be too bad,and mark everything, but I just wanted to make sure before I tear shit up tomorrow.

Thanks

And whatever you do - be as surgically fucking clean as you possibly can. You are essentially performing open-heart surgery. Be as absolutely clean as possible. Clean all surfaces thoroughly, change your gloves regularly, etc. The little details make all the difference in a great build.

And whatever you do - be as surgically fucking clean as you possibly can. You are essentially performing open-heart surgery. Be as absolutely clean as possible. Clean all surfaces thoroughly, change your gloves regularly, etc. The little details make all the difference in a great build.

its not that critical, just clean it up with a rag and brake clean and remember to change the oil and filter when your done.

also did you say gloves? its just dirt and oil don't be a puss

Guest Removed
its not that critical, just clean it up with a rag and brake clean and remember to change the oil and filter when your done.

also did you say gloves? its just dirt and oil don't be a puss

so, are you saying its ok too leave big chunks of gasket stuck too the block and head and intake? cause brake clean and a rag isnt going too clean that shit off :confused:

and as far as the gloves go, i agree. your hands wont melt when washed! :p

Guest 614Streets
so, are you saying its ok too leave big chunks of gasket stuck too the block and head and intake? cause brake clean and a rag isnt going too clean that shit off :confused:

and as far as the gloves go, i agree. your hands wont melt when washed! :p

rob i just read his post and i swear aj said nothing about leaving big chunks behind , but besides slinging practical fun in a serious post , yeah a razor blade is nessesary for revoming old rtv and gasket material.

Matt when you pop off the 5.0 heads your probably going to get some anti freeze in the engine block valley if you dont drain the antifreeze , which means changing the oil, so its either oil changes and antifreeze top off , or draining antifreeze completely and refill.

Btw during this swap I dont know what milage ur at on these things but stuff like new timing chains and rocker arms whatever , now is the time to consider shit like that.....

Guest drumer919
I cant believe there is arguing going on about gloves. I don't mind getting dirty, I know I can just wash it all off later but you can bet your ass if I have gloves avliable I'm going to use them.