Michael Richards (Cosmo Kramer) racist?

DeathSandwich

so this is america. if he wants to be a racist who gives a shit. if your gay dosent mean i give a shit. i dont understand the pussy ass winning going on in america. why cant everyone do as they please and just worry about theirselfs?

Because that's not what the world is about. Selfishness is childish.

Because that's not what the world is about. Selfishness is childish

so by him having his right to fell as he pleases and be a free american thats childish? im confused is that why my dad fought in vietnam? so everyone else gets to say what i can and cant do, and to tell me how i feal? is that why americans are dying trying to give people in iraq to do the same? maybe you dont deserve your rights!

Our right to freedom of speech gives people just as much right to whine about shit as it gives people to say racist shit. Both parties are within their rights to say what they feel. Michael Richards is choosing to apologize as a PR move, not because he is legally or morally obligated.

He's apologizing because he doesnt want to be viewed as a racist. The guy got under his skin so he reacted in a way to get under that guys skin. Probably not the best thing for his rep but it worked. If you think about it he used the term correctly. He wasnt calling out a race, he was calling out one person. And if that person was in the crowd acting like a idiot with no home training then thats what Websters defines him as. In most cases I would be pissed about the entire thing... but I hate people that go to shows and mess it up for everybody else. Why cant people sit down, have a drink, and enjoy themselves. If you are not laughing, or asked to participate, why in the hell are you talking anyway!

Because that's not what the world is about. Selfishness is childish

so by him having his right to fell as he pleases and be a free american thats childish? im confused is that why my dad fought in vietnam? so everyone else gets to say what i can and cant do, and to tell me how i feal? is that why americans are dying trying to give people in iraq to do the same? maybe you dont deserve your rights!

He fought for you to have the right to get an education.

yea and he fought for you to be gay and piss me off. fag

So how did him getting two purple hearts in that pos war/ which wasent a war give me the right to a education? OH ur one of those fucking grammer fags. lol oh well there you go Enjoy Your Rights.

So how did him getting two purple hearts in that pos war/ which wasent a war give me the right to a education? OH ur one of those fucking grammer fags. lol oh well there you go Enjoy Your Rights.

So what military obligation have you served to discredit any (other) member of the armed forces?

carlos mencia is funny as shit. i think what makes him funny, to me at least, is the fact that he doesnt go after one race...he offends ALL races

i got my tickets for dec 7th. not the best seats but i guess thats what you get for waiting a month after they come out

You were just praising Michael Richards right to free speech, but when Kevin expresses his right (the same one), you denounce it. Do you want to censor Kevin?

Do you hate freedom?

only he'll know if he's a racist...to some extent, I think there's negative feelings on both sides of the race card.

personally, I think he was on drugs or something....I mean even on a very bad day, I can't see a comic with his history just going off like that without something causing it....something besides a member of the audience that is. something's up.

I think it's funny though that they are going after money. Imagine that....rich guy, racist comments, money....hmmm....wonder if they would settle for a humble pie apology? doubt it. I supposed I'd sue if I could, but I don't believe it would be easy to win.....not sure if a law was even broken....doesn't matter.

I must say, outside his years with Jerry, he's had a heck of a time trying to be funny on his own. The guy in the audience is probably right. I do hate hecklers though....agree with the other poster who said just sit down, drink have a good time....then go home and get laid. End of the evening.