First GT500 in the 9s.

BuckeyeGT

Yea, something isnt right there. Grats to those guys, but theres something they arent telling.

EDIT*

After lisenting to the 10.02 run several times, I noticed a couple of things.

1. They are spraying almost immediatly off the line... its on some sort of window switch and theyre launching right below it. If you listen you can hear it spike in synch with the load being lifted off the front wheels. Wheels pop, fall, but before grounding totaly, they pop again... the second pop is the spray.

2. Something else is being injected from the middle of second gear thru 4th. If you listen past the music, you can hear several popping sounds from the engine. My guess is puddeled nitrous or water or something. If it is puddeled nitrous, theres way more than a 75 shot there... what you can also tell is that it pulls a lot harder through 3rd than it does 2nd... to me that says a second stage.

I'd like to know how they got that pig down to 3600lbs w/ driver. I'm sure a lightweight driveshaft, slicks, skinnies, !AC were all part of that, but there has to be MUCH more to get it that low (and the fact there is weight added for the nitrous system, and what looks like a dedicated fuel system for it up front).

Something seems more than a little fishy.

Edit: reading on another forum I post on, it also sports a ported blower, and that "75 shot" is closer to a 150 shot. Also has lightweight brakes as well, but I'm still curious as to what got it that light...even if the driver was only 100lbs, they still would have to shed over 400lbs to get the car to 3600 w/ driver.

Lightweight brakes and wheels make a HUGE difference on those, and its all unsprung weight.

Those motors wont hold up to that kind of abuse on a regular basis, its only a matter of time before they start to break.

The car weighted right at 3,800lbs from the factory on the scale. With removing the factory seats and putting in the cage and race seats, they only cut a couple pounds. The rest is in the drive shaft, brakes, wheels and I believe front suspension.

Who is hating on the 75-shot? Where is a link to this 150-shot BS? I don't agree with it but since it's still running the factory blower and is heavy as hell, that's the only way they could run the number this early without more testing. Since they were the first in the 11's, 10's, they wanted 9's also.

They just bought a second GT-500 and will have a fully built motor and KB within the next month or so. They are doing some cool stuff but people are already running faster than Evolution with less mods over on SVTP.com.

11.3 @127mph with Gears, Slicks and Tune for instance....

I'm wondering where the ZO6 guys are now... :marc:

They are out racing. Instead of parting out their car and then saying it's stock. The Mustang makes power, no dought, but my money would go to a Vett for before a Mustang.

Put those same mods on a C6 ZO6 and run it down the track. I'd be interested to see the outcome. Without looking anything up, I'd say the Vett would be in the 9's too. Maybe even a little deeper in the 9's.

ok. smaller pulley/ported blower and everything?

two totally different power plants...

I really don't know them that well. I just get tired of all the mustang VS. Vett stuff. I don't have either car, nor do I have plans on getting one. So, I'm not as informed as many others are, but I do know I run into mustangs way more than vetts that put out BS claims. There is a class with the Vett owners that is not as wide spread with the mustang crowd. Power wise, I have considered the Shelby to be where the C6 ZO6 is, as they are the direct competition for each other in the market.