Off to Walmart for Black Friday...

MrMeanGreen

Gonna score that 52" HDTV for $474 and some other things to make my house seem smaller on the inside. There's gonna be a few other CR people with me, so look for us. I'm wearing a grey polo shirt and tan slacks, with black Airwalks, (also have lots of dragon tattoos on my arms) in case you don't know anyone from CR.

Also, some of us will probably go harass the CR people waiting outside in the cold at Best Buy, which is like a 30 second walk from Walmart :D

This is the Walmart/BB on SR256 in Reynoldsburg, adjacent to I-70.

Oh did they? Luckily I have a friend who's the electronics department manager that says they have four of them.

Now, Walmart has a new policy this year of NO waiting in the store and NO lines. So if you go in to wait, you'll be asked to leave and then removed. So, I'll be back later and use my inside people there to score one.

This goes for all Black Friday specials, and they were having an employee meeting as we were leaving detailing this and running through their procedures.

FYI. Anyone is more than welcome to come chill at my house and go back with us. Also, we drove by the Best Buy about 20 minutes ago and the line is already wrapped around the front corner of the store. Some fuckers had tents and generators up by the front doors.

that shit is dumb, and exactly why i opted not to wake up at 4am tomorrow and do this BS. 90% of my xmas shopping will be done via ebay or on a day when i am energetic enough to deal with crowds

plus, i only have 3 more people to get stuff for...ive been shopping for a couple weeks :)

Just got home. Scored a Pioneer home receiver and 52" Panasonic LCD tv. I got to Circuit City at Polaris at 4:30, the doors opened at 5. When I got there I got in line at the back corner of the store, by the time they opened the doors the line had gone all the way across the back of the building.

There goes Mike's closing costs on a house :p

I scored so much shit it ain't even funny. Walmart had eight of the 52" HDTVs, I was #4 in line after getting there at 3am. It's setup and badass looking, and S-Video kicks ass. I need to upgrade to HD and Digital sound.

Walmart:

52" HDTV

Dora TV/DVD combo

A couple of PS2 games

A few Barbies

Lexmark printer/scanner/copier

Meijer:

Uniden 5.8Ghz cordless phone set (x3)

FF XII for PS2 and controller

Several DVDs

Six flannel pillows

Coffee maker

All in all, a very good shopping day. Also, many thanks to Joe (Nitrousbird) for letting me borrow his Avalanche to pickup my TV and for him hauling it back to my house/assisting with carrying it in. It worked out well since I borrowed the truck (TV buyers were mandated to remove the TV from the store right then, no holding it for anyone) and I parked in front of Best Buy when he came out so he could load up his items.