I'll race (and destroy) anyone this winter...

Trouble Maker

As far as the local "molehills" go I am interested in going for weekend days to brandywine, clearfork, snowtrails, or mad river. I ski, but won't be winning any races. I would love to get enough people together to make a weekend at snowshoe possible. Keep me updated on any future trip plans.

Will do Mitch. We will definitely be getting together for some local trips to Mad River. The other hills are definitely a possibility, but I've always preferred MRM for around here. It doesn't hurt that I ski for free there now (although I can probably/maybe ski for free at the other places too).

Some weekend trips are definitely in the plans too.

I'm mainly trying to drum up some excitement for it getting cold with this for the people that do any winter sports, because I am very excited about it. I just got those skis on the right a few weeks ago. I demoed them last year and they are the most incredible carving skis I've ever ridden. I'm very excited to get them on the hill and up the game a few levels.

Think (fake) snow! :woowoo:

P.S. Andrew, any (down)hill that is steep enough to give me a reasonable chance, I'd make you crash that thing on. :p

Bromley Mtn, Dec 27, 28, or 29. Top to bottom, straight down Twister. I'll bring my Rossi 184's, my friend would probably be down for a race. You gonna be up east this winter?

We are trying to figure out a place to go for a (long) weekend winter trip. Of course Snow Shoe is at the top of the list for proximity for a good place. I've never been there either and would really like to see if it can live up to the 'hype' for an east coast hill. I have off from work during those days, and won't be going out west like last year with that time, so it's definitely a possibility.

Info on the hill? What Rosi's do you ride?

PS. I'm not a big guy by any means. 5'9" ~170lbs Those are 158's, and they'd never need to be any longer. ;)

Snowshoe beats seven springs by far. The terrain at snowshoe is fair, but doesn't ice up as much as seven springs. For the drive I would pick snowshoe. I organized a trip to snowshoe back when I was in college, ten years ago they had great accomodations and a great nightlife on top o'the hill.

I have a jeep, we can pull hummers out of the ditch on the way up the hill. It really pisses off their girlfriends.

I have an old pair of Rossignol Rebel Freerides, i think from the 2nd or 3rd generation of shaped skis. They are effin' amazing; I really dislike the new trend of wide wide skis, and these things are amazing for carving giant slalom style which is what i love to do. I'll be home after jan 8th, then to the 15th so i'll be down to hit up mad river whenev

P.S. Andrew, any (down)hill that is steep enough to give me a reasonable chance, I'd make you crash that thing on. :p

Id give you the hit, the go wide open. I am sure I can get down faster than you can tumble after being run over :p

I might see about breaking out the old skis. My dad made them in the late 60s, wood/fiberglass composite. High tech shit at the time. Just to see if they are functional, and if I can actually ski.

Bye Eric, it's been nice knowing you. :p

Dude, you're a planker, tell me this bowl don't make you shewt'n yer pants:

http://attitashcondo.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ski0301tkal.jpg

Just send some stoner up to cut across it and clear up the avalanche hazard. ;)

(actually, with the conditions of that pic, the avalanche necessary to clear the bowl of hazard would kill everyone in it. :) )

Learning to ski is on my list of things to do...what's rental stuff cost? Might be something to try this winter.

http://www.skimadiriver.com

http://www.snowtrails.com

You can check out their prices. Anywhere from 30-70 depending on which place, which day and how long you go for. Check out the Sunday specials at MRM.

There are only two reason why I like snow and ice. It makes it a lot more fun to drive if you have rwd and snowboarding. I have season passes for snow trails and go up every Wednesday with my school and on Saturdays with my friends

Jesse and I are already planning a trip, with a couple place's in mind. Our trip will be on the close side to insane. One place we are looking at has no grooming and is 75% glades, 250 inch's of natural snow per year, with all trails being black diamond to triple black diamond. But, it would be fun to get something with some CR guys on a certain day at MR or ST. What are peoples thoughts.

we need to have a CR big air comp. i just got me new rome machine freestyle board and i need to break it in on some sick terrain. i couldnt decide between the machine and the burton dominant. i ride a 159 and i would have to wait on the dominant so i said screw it and went with the fairly newer company and decided to try em out. this new company was started by two guys that got canned from burton and have sweet designs. they are close to being one of the top companies. if i dont like it im going back to burton next year.