Bambi

Guest Mushijobah

pics or ban

my boss at work has a lil over 200 acres out in alexandria....while im not a deer hunter, her husband has, and theyve already got a couple does this year. she does have a nice pond that im hopefully gonna be doing some duck hunting on this winter

Guest Mushijobah
pics or ban

my boss at work has a lil over 200 acres out in alexandria....while im not a deer hunter, her husband has, and theyve already got a couple does this year. she does have a nice pond that im hopefully gonna be doing some duck hunting on this winter

If you need anyone to help thin out those ducks, I'm standing by! :D

you got any good private land with some water?

i had (might still have) a guy up in marengo who has a maybe 2 acre pond, he gets insane amount of geese on, and he just wants them gone...we were actually out pheasant hunting and he came up to us and asked if we hunted ducks/geese...we followed him 20 min to his property, looked good...went out following weekend, there had to be 60-80 geese...they flew away before we got in range, and didnt come back.

they were so thick, i went out one day, was packing up about 11 (no birds), got the guys kayak pickin up decoys, then i hear em cominin. they get to about 6 feet above the water, i blast one (limit 2), then go to shoot the second, and ended up taking 2 with one shot

i might have to make a trip up there if i get some free time

Guest Mushijobah
That sounds like the kind of place I would like to shoot geese, no sitting in cold cornfields! More of a Deer, Turkey, Upland guy. I have the corn places where they will land some days, but it is always hit and miss.