Mustang. Heeeeeeeeeeelp. shit.

Miller

I'm working on the Mustang, naturally, I'm dealing with a problem that is slowing up my entire process, this is like the one thing I need done so I can start relocating, measuring, and fitting the rest of my shit.

On an 89 fox, drivers side, just a few inches from my oil filter, my header pipe is touching a piece of frame. The question I have is: I know I can shave this bolt to make the pipe pass that, but can I shave a 1/4 inch off of this frame or will weakening it be a bad idea? Pics to come in like 5 minutes.

He's using flipped shorties for a turbo setup I would assume. Thats why I preffer to make headers, it save trouble like that. If you Tig there is no reason you couldnt, its just as cheap as buying a set of cheapo headers.

Were these headers free or something? There are so many nice aftermarket headers out their for Fox's. I think you are kind of running in circles. What kind of H pipe will you be using and where will the o2's go? Just seems like a pain in the ass.

No they were not free, although the chimp that made them could not measure to save his own life: the flanges are solid, the stainless used is flawless, and the welds were quality too. Once this clears, I relocate the alternator and start bolting and going to town on this baby.

I'm working on it in the garage here at the house buddy, I'll message you here after Christmas time when stuff is coming together, you can come look it over.

:thumbup:

EDIT: Header is fixed up! Clears the sway mount just fine, I'll show some pics after I get the v-bands and crossover on, so, basically when I have something to show lol.

hahahaahahaha fuck no.

ss autochrome builds turbos that break down in like 25 minutes of use, they can blow a donkey

Yeah. Those looked like ss autocrhome welds, they use a mig process that resultes in welds that look alot like that, and they use a decent quality polished stainless (304) that looks like that. They also just started producing a 5.0 TT setup.

Yeah. Those looked like ss autocrhome welds, they use a mig process that resultes in welds that look alot like that, and they use a decent quality polished stainless (304) that looks like that. They also just started producing a 5.0 TT setup.

Did they? I'm surprised, well, not really. Companies like that take a market that isn't delved into too much, sell a shitty product, and enjoy the profits off of sorry saps who actually buy there pos product because they do not know better. The company that made mine basically stole the design off of Vecco, which is a very good company. I made sure that this company was decent, from what I had heard from people I asked it worked well, the only thing wrong was some rerouting for the radiator, fuel lines, and alternator. It would fit snug if I had not had the sway bar, I guess the people who did it before me did not have one.

peace