I'm making a list and checking it twice.....

V8 Beast

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goin from what you ran at norwalk to single digits isnt as easy as you are thinking. Hope you got at least 15k to spend...

Norwalk was a 12.1 or 12.2 (cant remember) on a bad tranny without spray and 1000rpm launches on street tires...

This year, 3000rpm launches, stronger tranny, slicks, spray, and a new cam.

I put over $25000 into it last year, I'm just doing the finishing touches now.

My issue is weight. I would have to put down 700rwhp just to run a mid 10. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to get it into single digits.

But yeah, I have to shave off 1.6 seconds, you only need to shave off about .5. I just hope I'm beside you in the summer and not behind you.

Norwalk was a 12.1 or 12.2 (cant remember) on a bad tranny without spray and 1000rpm launches on street tires...

My issue is weight. I would have to put down 700rwhp just to run a mid 10. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to get it into single digits.

But yeah, I have to shave off 1.6 seconds, you only need to shave off about .5. I just hope I'm beside you in the summer and not behind you.

BC, how are you going to feel when a stock bottom end M6 car runs quicker and faster than your built motor automatic car? ;)

BC, how are you going to feel when a stock bottom end M6 car runs quicker and faster than your built motor automatic car? ;)

As long as its you I'm cool with it. Anyone else I would hang myself :p

But, its not gonna happen :cool:

When it gets warm.... Me, you, Hal, 270, various roll speeds, and a lot of footage.

Once you get to a certain point, shaving off .3 tenths off your time becomes a task.

Once you get to a certain point, shaving off .3 tenths off your time becomes a task.

I know what you mean. I have a friend that is at 10.2 and cant seem to get the car to go any faster. Last I checked he changed cams and actualy had a slower et. Thats why I'm asking everybody, and reading up on what combos work best. I'm trying to eliminate the trial and error part of modding. To be streetable (in my opinion) with my current block I would only be able to pull out mid 10's.

I know what you mean. I have a friend that is at 10.2 and cant seem to get the car to go any faster. Last I checked he changed cams and actualy had a slower et. Thats why I'm asking everybody, and reading up on what combos work best. I'm trying to eliminate the trial and error part of modding. To be streetable (in my opinion) with my current block I would only be able to pull out mid 10's.

Just go with a bigger cube motor with good heads and a cam. Make it all forged with a good shot of spray. Spend the rest on suspension and gear and tire and it will run 9's all day easy if you know what you are doin.

Just go with a bigger cube motor with good heads and a cam. Make it all forged with a good shot of spray. Spend the rest on suspension and gear and tire and it will run 9's all day easy if you know what you are doin.

Definitely, And my wife pissed me off so part of the house budget just got transferred to the "worthless car" fund. If she keeps it up I'll have twin turbos by the spring. I mean damn, we are already in Hilliard! Be happy with what you got! Dublin is nice and all, but it costs too damn much.

End rant :D

Do me a favor and check my lights when your wheels get on the ground!

Ok, I'll let you know if your headlights work :D

Two 12 second cars fighting about who is going to see who's taillights after a wheelstand (that has never before happened)

This is internet bench racing at its finest