Anyone here have a '04-'07 Maxima?

Boost-n-Juice

I just bought my wife an '05 and it has 58k on the ODO. All highways miles but I got a REALLY good deal on it.

Anyway, I'm used to american cars (Crown Vic, Explorer etc) and they are both very quiet vehicles when it comes to Tire/wheel noise.

The maxima has this kind of droaning noise at low speeds, at like 15-30mph and then a lot of tire noise at higher speeds. Basically you can always hear the wheels turning. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

The car has 18's with decent rubber and the brakes seem pretty good, no shake and the car rides silky smooth.

Any insight?

I'm thinking new Rotors and Pads, then maybe tires. The tires are 80% used.

Ok, I just drove the car in the rain and you know those little tar strips from where they repair the roads? Well, when it hit's those you can feels the car (or the one wheel which is on the tar strip) lose traction and the car slightly jiggles then grabs traction. Now, at the same time when that wheels gets traction back it makes a slight "donk" noise.

So, it needs an alignment (although it drives straight down the road) and the tires are probably cupped, which would cause the high speed noise.

What do you guys think?