IPS couldn't seem to figure out how to order me a 2.75" coupler

Guest GMoney

I called and asked Jeff to order me a 2.75" IC coupler on a Monday. It was supposed to be in that friday for $17. I called the following week, still not there. Called a week later gave my number, they were supposed to have express shippment no call back or nothing. I gave them over three weeks to get me this part.

Got tired of IPS so i called Slowmotion. The very next day i had a call from them it was in and only $8, half the price.

I got burned on one large purchase from IPS of over $1500.00 and now a $8 part they wanted $17 for. These are the only two purchases i tried to make through them and the last two.

I had them do my gear when they got destroyed. They ended up fixing them, but didn't replace a part and it ended up coming loose or something. They replaced the part, but they whine noticeably now, but I told them it was fine, because i plan on swapping to a ford 9, but over all I had no issues or problems.

Every part I've ordered has come in on time as promised and has been under every other price I've seen. The only part that didn't was a nitrous line that NX didn't have and I was refunded the money for. I've spent thousands of dollars there and will continue to take my business there.

Deejay, gear whine seems to be pretty normal. If the gears they put in weren't new that would really explain it as it would be horribly difficult to get the same wear patter on used gears.

Every part I've ordered has come in on time as promised and has been under every other price I've seen. The only part that didn't was a nitrous line that NX didn't have and I was refunded the money for. I've spent thousands of dollars there and will continue to take my business there.

Deejay, gear whine seems to be pretty normal. If the gears they put in weren't new that would really explain it as it would be horribly difficult to get the same wear patter on used gears.

richmond gears are typicaly loud motive and AAM gears are the quieter ones that i have experienced. I believe the Motive gears are used OEM.

My QTEC came in late and I was notified on the day it was supposed to be in that QTP didn't have the switch harness in stock/ completed.

I have had nothing but a positive experience with IPS

I was awaiting a quote for two weeks on parts from IPS for ~$2500.00 worth of items. I got a speedy response telling me that I would hear from them in 2 days. A week goes by and nothing so I called Corey at slowmotion on Tuesday and come Friday I was loading my car full of parts and my wallet was a little lighter. They too also saved me money.

***not saying IPS wouldnt have saved me money just stating that at the time I think only the owner (jeff-guy I talked to) was the salesmen and he was busy when I emailed him and my order could have been pushed to the side or looked over***

Huge +1 for SLOWMO

I called and asked Jeff to order me a 2.75" IC coupler on a Monday. It was supposed to be in that friday for $17. I called the following week, still not there. Called a week later gave my number, they were supposed to have express shippment no call back or nothing. I gave them over three weeks to get me this part.

Got tired of IPS so i called Slowmotion. The very next day i had a call from them it was in and only $8, half the price.

I got burned on one large purchase from IPS of over $1500.00 and now a $8 part they wanted $17 for. These are the only two purchases i tried to make through them and the last two.

I explained to you the problem with the coupler and I will take the hit on behalf of Hose Techniques. I can post a copy of the invoice with a single 2.75" coupler on it (yours) and the date I was charged (same date you ordered it). They sent 200+ couplers on that invoice and yours was no where. We went thru 100+ 3" straights and 3" to 2 3/4" reducers to find it (twice) and it wasnt there. I let you know this and let you know I would have HT get something shipped ASAP for charging me and not shipping it. Not only was it never shipped the second time, they have yet to email me back about why it was shipped either time. It may show up any day now...

Yes, as the end result you wait 2+ weeks for a single coupler that still to this day isnt in and we look like we gave you the run around. I apologize for the outcome 100%. If you are questioning whether it was ever ordered just say the word and I will toss up the invoice with the date and your coupler right on it. Suppliers arent perfect and this instance they made me look pretty bad. Again, my apologies...

Jeff

Guest Removed
richmond gears are typicaly loud motive and AAM gears are the quieter ones that i have experienced. I believe the Motive gears are used OEM.

My QTEC came in late and I was notified on the day it was supposed to be in that QTP didn't have the switch harness in stock/ completed.

I have had nothing but a positive experience with IPS

sometimes its in the gears, but most ive found have not been set up right, im not saying thats what the deal is hear, but ive installed lots of gears(mainlly richmond) and none i installed whine. be it 8.8, 9",10/12 bolt, dana 60s, etc.

sometimes richmonds whine a tad on decel, during breakin. on another note , most of the 8.8s ive done, ive used the frpp gears, with no noises.

Hal, the installed completely new gears in my car, spent lil over 500bucks actually. The car had no whine what so ever when i picked it up.. The car slowly started to whine and the started grinding..

I explained to you the problem with the coupler and I will take the hit on behalf of Hose Techniques. I can post a copy of the invoice with a single 2.75" coupler on it (yours) and the date I was charged (same date you ordered it). They sent 200+ couplers on that invoice and yours was no where. We went thru 100+ 3" straights and 3" to 2 3/4" reducers to find it (twice) and it wasnt there. I let you know this and let you know I would have HT get something shipped ASAP for charging me and not shipping it. Not only was it never shipped the second time, they have yet to email me back about why it was shipped either time. It may show up any day now...

Yes, as the end result you wait 2+ weeks for a single coupler that still to this day isnt in and we look like we gave you the run around. I apologize for the outcome 100%. If you are questioning whether it was ever ordered just say the word and I will toss up the invoice with the date and your coupler right on it. Suppliers arent perfect and this instance they made me look pretty bad. Again, my apologies...

Jeff

I know how you feel. Where I work we get a lot of burn when our suppliers don't ship things correctly. It's not always the shop's fault.

IPS i understand that it wasn't completly your fault. More could have been done on your part though. i gave plently of time the first time to find it out of the lot ordered. You could have ordered it, found it wasn't there, and ordered it again. This process could have been repeated 3 times in the time that i gave you. I understand it was a small order, but thats what bring people back, the small stuff.

You could have ordered it, found it wasn't there, and ordered it again. I understand it was a small order, but thats what bring people back, the small stuff.

That is actually what was done (ordered twice) and received zero. No finger pointing or excuses. My vendor dropped the ball and thus I dropped the ball for you. I take full responsibility for that.

Jeff