LSx/6-speed manual into a 94-96 Impala SS???

zeitgeist57

Anyone know of it being done before or currently?

The Impala SS/Roadmaster/Fleetwood of the mid-90s was a big boat of a car, but a solid chassis for hot rodding. I was thinking that this conversion done right might be a great daily driver/sleeper in place of waiting for the CTS-V to drop another $20k in price! If they already have a 6-speed conversion, why not go another step further and yank out the LT1?

Imagine...twin-turbo or supercharged LS2 with a 6-speed in a black cherry Impala SS. Oh yeah...you want one! :)

Just a thought...

Why not just leave in the LT1?? Hell, there's a 9 second LT1 Impala SS running around here. The LT1 has plenty you can do to it to make it quite fast. Besides, the LS1 tend to get pussy hurt when beat by an LT1. :D

Because the LSx > *, if you weren't to busy trying to figure out how to bash another import you would already know this.

I think that or a Twin Screwed Marauder would be hot.

I really like the impala of 1990's.

Actually.....AFAIK, there are already some who have installed a KB Twin Screw on their Marauders.

I know there are at least 2 Marauder Vendors in the development stages of these kits as well.

Bottom ends are going to need to be built for these...or grenades are going to happen! :D

KillJoy

Actually.....AFAIK, there are already some who have installed a KB Twin Screw on their Marauders.

I know there are at least 2 Marauder Vendors in the development stages of these kits as well.

Bottom ends are going to need to be built for these...or grenades are going to happen! :D

KillJoy

the trilogy kit for the mm's is just a bigger twin screw isnt it? ive seen a few 11 sec trilogys. the impala prolly has more potential then the marauder, but the marauder looks much better imo. plus i wouldnt want much faster than a worked trilogy marauder.

the trilogy kit for the mm's is just a bigger twin screw isnt it? ive seen a few 11 sec trilogys. the impala prolly has more potential then the marauder, but the marauder looks much better imo. plus i wouldnt want much faster than a worked trilogy marauder.

Currently, the Trilogy if a single screw. They are working on a twin. That will be a BITCHIN' setup!

KillJoy

I'm definitely looking into this for my next daily driver (retire the Corvette to a weekend/track car). Plus, the Impala SS, like most Corvettes, have been relatively well taken care of by owners, even though some of them now have pretty high mileage. Combine this with bulletproof engineering and dirty cheap available parts and I think I have a good basis for a great project.

More to come. Merry Christmas to all!

have you considered a catera at all. they can be picked up for cheap as well.

Reasons AGAINST the Catera (because time and $$ can make anything possible FOR a conversion! :) )

1) B-Body (RWD Impala) is bigger in every dimension, especially in the engine bay.

2) There are already over 135 6-speed conversions in the B-Body. The Internet has not yet shown me one 5 or 6 speed V8 Catera conversion.

3) Air Ride Technologies (http://www.airride.com) makes a kit for the B-Body :D (not sure about the Catera)

4) Rear axle in the B-Body is a GM 10-bolt. I've rebuilt one personally and I KNOW I can do the job again.

5) 1995 Impala is pre-OBDII. PCM swaps may be a little easier.

Most importantly, if I wuss out on the LSx conversion, I can still do a 6-speed conversion to the Impala and still have money left over to blow up the LT1 with boost or nitrous. Plus, here again I have worked my way around the LT1 with my Corvette and it's familiar territory for me. I would kind of like to stay with what I know.