How the BMV classifies collector cars

MrMeanGreen

This is just a partial reference if you're interested in seeing if your car qualifies for Ohio Collector tags. But, this is the guide the Ohio BMV uses for the initial check if you apply for collector tags:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-22-0-5003-665-650-50552&l=1&w=22&p=1&f=5005&c=7

There's other ways, like how I did it using a limited production letter from Pontiac. A 1998 Formula is listed, but only qualifies if it's a factory WS6 car.

I know some other ways are a letter from the manfacturer stating limited production somehow (like I used), aftermarket mods totaling $5000 or more with supportive receipts, etc. You'd have to talk to the one lady in charge for Franklin County at the West Broad building for better info.

Nope, mine doesn't qualify. In 94, only the Firehawks and 25th Anv. edition cars qualify.

But looking at other cars, there are some blatant 90's vehicles missing from that list. The GMC Syclone and Typhoon aren't listed. MKIV Supra was pretty limited in production and not there, same goes for the FD. Same goes for the MKII MR2 and All-Trac Celicas. I mean, if a "Richard Petty" Grand Prix can be on there, those cars should definately be included as well.

Nope, mine doesn't qualify. In 94, only the Firehawks and 25th Anv. edition cars qualify.

But looking at other cars, there are some blatant 90's vehicles missing from that list. The GMC Syclone and Typhoon aren't listed. MKIV Supra was pretty limited in production and not there, same goes for the FD. Same goes for the MKII MR2 and All-Trac Celicas. I mean, if a "Richard Petty" Grand Prix can be on there, those cars should definately be included as well.

Even thought they are not on the list, Supras do quialify for Collectors plates.