VR4 vs. Supra

V8 Beast

My wife is looking to get rid of her stratus and get something with some bite. (YES MY WIFE WANTS TO RACE ME LOL!!!!) Right now I'm leaning toward the VR4 because of the all wheel drive. I would love to have a supra in my garage, but I can get a VR4 for less. Any opinions? From looking around it seems pretty easy to mod the 3000gt's as well.

I tried to talk her into getting an F-body, but she doesnt fell comfortable with rear wheel drive in the snow. Back when I had my firebird she hit a patch of black ice and went spinning down the freeway. She likes the all wheel drive/steering. The only reason supras are up for debate is because she loves them with a passion. But she would scare me behind the wheel of one of those. GTP is a good idea. I'll run it by her

Ohhh I got ya.

The new Impala SS/Monte SS/Grand Prix GXP are some nice 300hp FWD options. Maybe an SRT-4?

I guess I'd go with the Supra. VR4's are pretty damn heavy. What about an Evo or STi? Maybe even an Eclipse GSX? Just throwin out some ideas

Evo... great idea. Plus the VR4's are hard as hell to find, and like you said they weigh almost 3800lbs.

Damn it would be nice to have a supra in my garage. But that would be two garage queens in one house :( . I'll have to do some research on how much used Evos's cost. It's funny how its her car and she has me doing all of the dirty work lol!!

Personally I would go for an EVO over those, easier to find than a supra.

and over $10,000 less. And consider that my wife has only raced front wheel drive cars with no more than 300hp. I let her spray the trans am one night and she had the car all over the road. If she talks me into it I might get her a rwd, but she will have to prove to me that she can control it.

Nice. I would forget the VR4 all together. It seems like all wheel drive is the way to go w/winter and ease of driving, learning curve, etc. if she's not used to high hp, rear drive cars. The evo is going to be a lot cheaper than the other two. Probably cheaper to mod, as well. That blue's a nice color.

VR4's are pretty damn heavy.

Ok first of all your an idiot. Appartently you have never driven one. So you shouldn't say looking at specs. Supras are 3400 lbs and the vr4 are 3800 lbs. dont knock on what you dont know.

Plus the VR4's are hard as hell to find.

ok one 3800 lbs gets you safety. If something hits you. you know your going to be ok. The car is a tank and it is extremely nice to have that protection. EVO8 extremely expensive to fix. if you find one for under $20k expect to fix something on it. Cause it has been beat up.

I know of plenty of people in the area that are selling decent good condition Vr4's for under 10k. So if you want to reconsider you know where to find me.

avoid the l67 setup. Yes you can get 12-11s out of it even 9's but its not easy nor streetable at 10's

TQ steer is a bitch. I have no traction as i sit with my monte and its only got 241/315.

WRX STI.

or

WRX

or

EVO

I am partial to the WRX. a S4 would fscking rock with turbo upgrades.