is this CTS V a lemon?

Linn1647545492

bahaha i wonder if thats dado's old car. dado drifted a CTS-V 2years ago at our events. gutted the inside, changed the headers and ran open header for a full season. after the season they put it back together and sold it as a managers special. all though it was silver it could have been a vinal decal on the whole car because it was fully covered in a decal!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/eaef073a-8de4-462c-9caa-9824000056d6.htm

Phil and I were just talking about this vid. It's mostly likey a cam/crank/wiring harness issue. The car is running in a limp home matter to protect itself (from the driver) since the ignition is having a physical or logical problem syncing.

What he said.

That guys a fag.

Why the fuck would he keep driving it on film with an apparent problem and then expect them to give him a new car because he fucked it up?

What a dumb fuck.

EDIT: He did make a point at the end. Sounds like the car has some flaws that need to be fixed...a lot of flaws.

From LS1Tech 0- good call nate / phil

FWIW tht was my Buddy Chris. The Crank Position Sensor died twice in less than 12000 miles. When the CPS dies the PCM can't give the motor proper timing so it goes into "limp home mode" which is exactly what Chris needed it to do since he was over 300 miles away from home on his way back from PRI in Orlando. It was the weekend so the dealership was closed and Onstar said they might be able to get him a rental in a few hours. if he drove it to a dealership..... not likely in Tifton GA on a Sunday.

From LS1Tech 0- good call nate / phil

FWIW tht was my Buddy Chris. The Crank Position Sensor died twice in less than 12000 miles. When the CPS dies the PCM can't give the motor proper timing so it goes into "limp home mode" which is exactly what Chris needed it to do since he was over 300 miles away from home on his way back from PRI in Orlando. It was the weekend so the dealership was closed and Onstar said they might be able to get him a rental in a few hours. if he drove it to a dealership..... not likely in Tifton GA on a Sunday.

He should be happy it has a limp home mode. My co-worker had a failing CPS on a V6 CTS. It would intermittently stall, then be fine in 10 min. It finally died when he was half way across the Mackinac Bridge. (For those who don't know, that's a ~4 mile long bridge that joins the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to the mainland. info

That car is indeed in limp home mode. And that owner is a douche. However - if his diff has blown and been replaced, there's more going on here than is being shown on camera. You blow the diffs in Vs by hard launching and not paying attention to the wheelhop. Alot. So that car has seen a *hard* 12,000 miles. Wether at the hands of that tool or some previous owner who knows.

Linn - yes every CTS-V is a 6 speed manual (T56)

Lustalbert - there is no such thing as an LS2 CTS-V, they are all LS6 powered

FST94TSI - I got 8,000 miles out of my stock tires, heh. Beyond that my car is kicking the shit build-quality and reliability-wise out of every import I've owned (honda, merc, bmw, mitsu, to date). As for performance... well, you pick the equivalent pricepoint import, and I'll bury it for you. :) BTW - my last company partner, VP of Sales, lemoned 2, count em 2, BMW M5s in a row (the first ones with the iDrive I beleive). Pieces of crap they were.

I will say that in the last five years or so American made cars have made great strides in catching up with the rest of the world. The ones that take their cues from european cars seem to be the best. Having grown up in the seventies, and eighties I just have a really have a bad taste in my mouth for american cars. They are getting better though. The one thing I do like is the LS motors from GM.

That's new for 06-07.

04-~06 -> LS6 400hp rating (actual ~405-410)

06-07 -> LS2 400hp rating

The engine switchover wasn't a clean break at model year for 06.

(PS- I like the LS6 better but thats me, wonder why....)

Everything you need to know about Vs is here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

and here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/

The cjones guy has an 18 page thread on his lemon odyssey over at the forums if you're interested.