Mustang 5.0 hp estimate?

Stimmel1647545512

just curious on what the hp might be on my car its still in progress and would like some input on mods while still in progress first off its an 88 speed density 5 speed car

mods

-march ram air

bbk aluminum underdrive pulleys

fluid damper 28oz or whatever is the right size for a 5.0

bbk adj fuel regulator

bbk long tubes with matching h pipe

flowmaster catback

msd coil and wires yea whoo hoo i know

bbk 255 lph fuel pump

soon to have a better supsenison rear control arms subframe connecters springs adj struts blah blah blah other that that the car has fluidyne radiator and all the normal 5.0 stuff i think i listed most of the bolt on's so if someone preferable a 5.0 guy with a similar set up could give me some guesses that would be great i might throw some nos on there i have akit layin around off of a 97 accord that might work and a better intake soon

thanks guys let me know

I have the exact car. I bought it back a while ago and have not had the chance to jump into heavy mods...YET! Mostly stock except for MAC underdrives, off-road H pipe with flowmasters, and an a/c eliminator kit. Sounds like you have a pretty good start on yours though. My plans are probably just like any other with these vehicles. Planned mods/bolt-ons include:

B&M Ripper Shifter

3.73 Rear end gears

MSD Ignition

BBK Shorty Headers

Cobra/GT40 upper and lower intake

etc.

etc.

etc. (Few other random ideas)

Hey Andy. Based on the bolt ons you mention you probably have picked up an additional 15 to 20 over the factory 220.

You're working in the right direction getting more air in and a good long tube exhaust set-up. Next best jump would be (a mass air set-up with) a cam, intake, 70 - 75mm throttle body and basic head work. No real need to go to expensive alumnium heads, just work what you have.

Best power for the buck improvement is a 373 or 410 rear gear, and YES, the 410 is fine for the street.

It's pretty easy and affordable to get to the 250-275hp range, but starts to get expensive to look at 300+.

The good news is a 100,000 mile factory bottom end is good for 300+ HP without any changes other then rings and bearings.

Good luck...

Ron

I have just over 100k on my block making 421hp with a ati procharger.

I'm switching to a gt40 turbo this winter.

heads, cam , upper and lower intake should give you 300hp.

As stated above, 4.10 gears would make the car feel really fast.

Hey Andy. Based on the bolt ons you mention you probably have picked up an additional 15 to 20 over the factory 220.

You're working in the right direction getting more air in and a good long tube exhaust set-up. Next best jump would be (a mass air set-up with) a cam, intake, 70 - 75mm throttle body and basic head work. No real need to go to expensive alumnium heads, just work what you have.

Best power for the buck improvement is a 373 or 410 rear gear, and YES, the 410 is fine for the street.

It's pretty easy and affordable to get to the 250-275hp range, but starts to get expensive to look at 300+.

The good news is a 100,000 mile factory bottom end is good for 300+ HP without any changes other then rings and bearings.

Good luck...

Ron

yeah i have all the smog stuff deleted and the heads blocked off now that i think about it and no cats on that h pipe and yes im going to install some 373s i just need to find someone for a reasonable price and a cam soon im open for anyone who has any good parts for sale

by the way gearslammer your black on black convert is nice man i have triple white but i love black nice car man we shoud all get a big 5.0 group together this summer

and 10-20 hp seems kinda low but i know its a small block that hasnt been opened up yet

and does anyone know anyone around that can tune my car right once i put it all back together and possibly fix the porblem of non working turnsignals but thats a long story haha

convert the car to mass air before you do anything else speed density can only compensate for a 15-20% in crease in airflow if it hasn't started yet your going to get that wonderfull surging idle shit S/D mustangs are fond of.....

you can buy a complete kit from ford or piece one together

you need maf sensor, intake elbow, conversion harness (comes in the kit or availiable seperatley through painless wiring), and a mass air computer A9L or A9P are the ones to look for, the ford kit comes with an A9S (calif emmissions to make it 50 state legal) its ok but the federal computers are a little more aggrsssive

I have a ford conversion harness it plugs directly into the back of the computer to repin it for mass air and adds the extra wiring to the maf....

the biggest bang for your buck on any 5.0 powered car are cylinder heads the stock heads are going to hold you back big time

your going to add 20-40 hp with all the bolt on stuff you toss a set of heads in the mix and now your looking at a 60-100 hp gain depending on the head you use

Good Luck

While I have not had a tune performed yet, Dynotune Motorsports does nice mechanical work and I am planning on a tune with them. I had not heard of LaSota before I will check into that as well...

I had mike there adjust my rocker arms and build my rear-end.

convert the car to mass air before you do anything else speed density can only compensate for a 15-20% in crease in airflow if it hasn't started yet your going to get that wonderfull surging idle shit S/D mustangs are fond of.....

you can buy a complete kit from ford or piece one together

you need maf sensor, intake elbow, conversion harness (comes in the kit or availiable seperatley through painless wiring), and a mass air computer A9L or A9P are the ones to look for, the ford kit comes with an A9S (calif emmissions to make it 50 state legal) its ok but the federal computers are a little more aggrsssive

I have a ford conversion harness it plugs directly into the back of the computer to repin it for mass air and adds the extra wiring to the maf....

the biggest bang for your buck on any 5.0 powered car are cylinder heads the stock heads are going to hold you back big time

your going to add 20-40 hp with all the bolt on stuff you toss a set of heads in the mix and now your looking at a 60-100 hp gain depending on the head you use

Good Luck

I'm considering going this route. Andy, if you go mass air, lemme know. I wanna watch/help you install. Just so i know :cool: