Need Help Wiring A Hot Tub

Guest Beckett

Guest Beckett

I just bought a 1999 hot-tub and I need someone to do the electrical hook up for me. My breaker box is about 20 feet from the location where the tub will be. Breaker box is in the basement and tub will be on the back deck. The tub is a 50 amp/220 volt. Basically I Can someone give me an estimate of what YOU would charge me to do this including materials?

Thanks for viewing!

The tub is a 50 amp/220 volt.

Whaaa?? Is this some sort of European tub or something? Normal "high" voltage in the US is either 208V (standard along with 480V in commercial buildings and light industry, but extremely rare in residential) or 240V (split phase, can almost guarantee this is what you've got running into your house). Make sure the guy you hire reads the nameplates carefully. While a 220V motor will run off 240V, you run the risk of burning it out faster, especially if it's also meant to be 50Hz (different than the 50A you mention... the frequency change to 60Hz is bad 'cause it'll make it spin faster).