Selling some books: need some help.

Miller

OU student. I was joking. But you can usually sell books privately for a lot more, or if any of those are earlier editions that some teachers still use most stores won't buy back. I don't know about the store you work at, but maybe I'll have you buy my books too.

Info:

Sociology 202 at Columbus State is Contemporary Social Problems.

New $74 Used $54

We buy this book back at 50% of the new price if you bought it New OR Used.

So 50% is $34.50. SO if you were smart, you buy your books early and get a used copy. SO as log as we use that book the next Quarter we give you the $34.50 back after you bought it for $54. $54 - $34.50 = $19.50 which is how much it cost for you to use the book for the quarter. All everyone pays attention to is that a new one is $74.

Most likely unless you have a book we use as well as OU the price will not be great. Remeber the Department at CSCC has to adopt the book for the next quarter for us to pay 50% for the used book. Most books at CSCC are adopted for a year or more, remember I said "most". At CSCC it is a little different, a book is adopted for a class and every teacher has to use that book unless they teach a web or video class. But most of those use the same book anyway. This way we can buy more books back. And there is less confusion about what books you need.

Kevin anytime you want to see what we give PM me the ISBNs and I will quote the price.

Ask around at other (semi-)local school bookstores. The engineering book (Fundamentals of Engineering, ENGR 400 or somesuch) I used the one summer I spent at OSU cost me $100 new since it was a new edition, and the bookstore offered me something like $8 at the end. I said "fuck that" and kept it. When I went back to OU in the fall, I figured I'd take it along and see if they'd offer anything better. Walked home with $60 :)

Most likely unless you have a book we use as well as OU the price will not be great. Remeber the Department at CSCC has to adopt the book for the next quarter for us to pay 50% for the used book. Most books at CSCC are adopted for a year or more, remember I said "most". At CSCC it is a little different, a book is adopted for a class and every teacher has to use that book unless they teach a web or video class. But most of those use the same book anyway. This way we can buy more books back. And there is less confusion about what books you need.

Kevin anytime you want to see what we give PM me the ISBNs and I will quote the price.

Got ya. Sounds a lot easier there. Seems a new fucking addition comes out every 1/4 here so you get nothing back.

Ask around at other (semi-)local school bookstores. The engineering book (Fundamentals of Engineering, ENGR 400 or somesuch) I used the one summer I spent at OSU cost me $100 new since it was a new edition, and the bookstore offered me something like $8 at the end. I said "fuck that" and kept it. When I went back to OU in the fall, I figured I'd take it along and see if they'd offer anything better. Walked home with $60 :)

That class is offered once a year I bet. Yep if you can be patient you will get money back, you just have to know how everything works. Kudos to you. Bookstore want to buy books from you, we make more money on used books than New books. Publishers only make lots of money on New books, that is why editions change so frequently. Bookstores have no control over that.

0-13-221070-3 Goes Wholesale (we do not use) Needs a CD with it. $30

http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Microsoft-Office-2003-Prentice/dp/0132210703/sr=11-1/qid=1168543232/ref=sr_11_1/103-1152072-6181453

0-534-40086-8 No Value for us

0-13-149660-3 Goes Wholesale (we do not use) $37

http://www.amazon.com/Contemporary-Business-Law-Online-Commerce/dp/0131496603/sr=1-1/qid=1168543174/ref=sr_1_1/103-1152072-6181453?ie=UTF8&s=books

0-7897-2957-1 No Value for us

0-13-141965-x No Value for us

0-13-035132-6 Goes Wholesale (we do not use) $5

Total of $72 sorry none of those are our books.