Noob alignmnent question

mmrmnhrm

Just had mine done at NTB Sawmill over the weekend, and on the final printout, noticed that the caster on the front left was still out of spec. Now before I got as far as getting all huffed up, a corner of my memory jumped out and said "Remember what Roy (my old mech back in Cleveland) said... one of the alignments gets set at the factory, and can't be changed without tearing the whole car apart." So... is caster the one that can't be changed, or was someone being lazy that day?

Guest Removed
well some cars you can adjust all angles, some you have too buy kits too install or shims or whatnot, too get the numbers deadset.did they set it too the factory specs or did they set it too custom specs?

It's 0.6deg off, but if there's nothing to be done about it without tearing the sucker apart, I'm not going to sweat it. I can live with the added tire wear :) Would be nice to let folks know when something can't be tweaked, though.

• 1 month later...
Just had mine done at NTB Sawmill over the weekend, and on the final printout, noticed that the caster on the front left was still out of spec. Now before I got as far as getting all huffed up, a corner of my memory jumped out and said "Remember what Roy (my old mech back in Cleveland) said... one of the alignments gets set at the factory, and can't be changed without tearing the whole car apart." So... is caster the one that can't be changed, or was someone being lazy that day?

I work at the NTB on Holt Rd. It is our policy to adjust all settings that are adjustable. However, the salesman should have told you the setting was not factory adjustable and told you that theere may be aftermarket kits to make it adjustable. Typically, customers dont want to fuss with the labor and parts cost. Usually its .5 hours per side plus parts for a cam kit to do caster. ($85) if you are interested in an exact price call us (614-870-8945) ask for Bill and tell him T.J. sent you.