Need another daily driver :(

Kuruma

My car not only lost OD on the transmission the other night, but then promptly threw a rod through the engine block to add insult to injury :nono: So now I need another one. I am getting paid again on the 25th, and will probably have a budget of around $500 that day. I can't really afford to do major repairs on top of buying a car right now, but small annoyances are ok. Just no blown/missing engines, ruined clutches, transmissions, or anything like that. No cars about to catch fire either (long story) Transmission type and FWD/RWD/AWD not very important, though I'd prefer a 4-cyl for economy

Open to more expensive vehicles too (around $1000), if they'll still be around early january.

Very open to older Honda Civic/CRX/Prelude/etc cars, as long as they aren't about to blow up, catch fire, or otherwise self destruct. Must be able to last at least 6 months with regular oil changes.

Was this your Scorpio? I have one I'll sell you if you're a masochist.. :)

Anyways, good luck with the hunt.

Yeah, it was the Scorpio. I have a little more confidence in the 5-speed models simply because the tranny in the auto versions was junk. I suppose I have a good week or two to think about it. :)

On that accord, what's making the OD not work? How much does it usually run to just put a new tranny in those things?

pics of the Mustang? and auto/5-speed?

The only bad thing is that I'm only going to have $500-$600 on the 25th, since this engine blowup really smacked me hard, as I had just poured all of my money into a few other repairs the car needed.

That said, if you aren't in a hurry to get it gone ASAP, I'd be 100% OK with setting that money aside along with the paycheck after to buy it. I like that body style. I get paid every other thursday and get $8.25/hour for 40 hours a week, and my expenses are pretty low right now, just food and some necessities. Work is walking distance so I can wait. :)