Lawsuit question

99ta

Ok, my wife was in a accident about 5 years ago. She wasn't injured that bad but her injury has gotten progressivly worse. Evedently the accident caused her neck to lose its curve. She is in constant discomfort and suffers head aches on a daily basis. We have had a lawyer involved from the begining, but our lawyer says there is not much we can do right now because the kid who hit her is in the military. I called the lawyer yesterday and said, look the kid can't be gone for five years. I mean seriously.

My question is, what experiences have you guys had with these types of lawsuits. We are not out to get a lot of money. We do still owe medical bills for this. But I have seen a ton of cases where people are getting awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars. I think our lawyer asked for like $25k and Allstate (the kids ins.) said no. It is supposed to go to trial if he ever comes home.

We are with Kitric and Lewis right now but I am serously thinking about finding another lawyer to better represent us. My wife is going to have to live with this the rest of her life.

What does evreyone think?

Eric

Yeah.......all the papers were filed within the time limit. Thats what i am saying, we have been waiting this whole time for the kid to return from whereever he was supposed to be. I feel like our lawyers are working as hard because its not a million dollar case. However, after come of the cases I have seen it could be.

Eric

I can help you with this...

First of all the lawyer is right, about not being able to do anything until the person is out of the military. If the kid stays in until he gets his 20yrs... you cant touch him. I have been through this, with a navy guy and his with that swiped $2400 from me.

The next bad thing you have going for you is the insurance company is Allstate. For the past several years Allstate has taken the position that they will not settle claims at the normal 2-3 time the medical bills. Most of the time the insurance companies, will settle for 2-3 times medical bills, for example 10K in bills will gross you 20-30K. If you have an attorney, and the settlement will be 30K, the lawyer will get 10K the Docs get 10K :D , and you get 10K. Sucks for the patient, but that is the way it goes.

Allstate will take EVERY claim to court! They have found in this area, the juries will will award very little. If you have 10K in bills, in Franklin county you will be lucky too get your medical bills paid. Then the lawyer will get 33% of that. Leaving you holding the rest of the bill

The the severity of the injury, and how long the symptoms will last , unfortunately mean little to the insurance company. THEY DON'T CARE!! "You are not in good hands" with Allstate.

Long gone are the days of big personal injury settlements. unless you are in a VERY liberal area (California, Washington state ect)

If you want a second opinion call Atty. Joe Frailey 614-337-8366. I refer all of or personal Injury claims to him he will tell you straight up what he thinks, and wont blow smoke up your rear!

my opinion... stop trying to get money for nothing... get All State to cover her medical bills... other than that, if you want to get rich, go find a better paying job... I hate this whole, "I want to sue someone" B.S.

a recap of what I'm saying in case I'm not being completely clear... get All State to pay her medical, anything other than that is not their responsibility or the kids responsibility... accidents happen

**edit, I'm in a bad mood... if she is seriously just trying to get All State to pay her medical bills, I don't see why they wouldn't... was the kid cited as well as can she prove that her medical bills are from the accident?

my opinion... stop trying to get money for nothing... get All State to cover her medical bills... other than that, if you want to get rich, go find a better paying job... I hate this whole, "I want to sue someone" B.S.

a recap of what I'm saying in case I'm not being completely clear... get All State to pay her medical, anything other than that is not their responsibility or the kids responsibility... accidents happen

**edit, I'm in a bad mood... if she is seriously just trying to get All State to pay her medical bills, I don't see why they wouldn't... was the kid cited as well as can she prove that her medical bills are from the accident?

Do you have migranes every day? For days on end? yeah...didn't think so. so STFU and mind your own business. You have no clue what she goes through.

the kid completely rear ended her at a stop sing in a line of traffic. He was doing 60mph. Totaled her car. It was his 2nd accident in two weeks. He did the same thing a week before.

I didn't say anything about getting rich, I just want the bills paid for. should I get rich? Hell yes I should. They make a enough money in an hour to make me happy. My wife will live in pain every day of her life because some punk wasn't paying attention. And that punk payed his insurance to be responsible for his behaviors. So yes I think I should get rich. Its not only effect me but it will effect our 3 yr old son and her career as a nurse. I don't need the money by any means, I just think its the right thing to do. But I realize the ins don't care. Thats fine just pay the bills!

I didn't start this thread about should I get more money. I just want something done. I feel my lawyers are draggin their feet. Thanks V8kilr!

Do you have migranes every day? For days on end? yeah...didn't think so. so STFU and mind your own business. You have no clue what she goes through.

the kid completely rear ended her at a stop sing in a line of traffic. He was doing 60mph. Totaled her car. It was his 2nd accident in two weeks. He did the same thing a week before.

I didn't say anything about getting rich, I just want the bills paid for. should I get rich? Hell yes I should. They make a enough money in an hour to make me happy. My wife will live in pain every day of her life because some punk wasn't paying attention. And that punk payed his insurance to be responsible for his behaviors. So yes I think I should get rich. Its not only effect me but it will effect our 3 yr old son and her career as a nurse. I don't need the money by any means, I just think its the right thing to do. But I realize the ins don't care. Thats fine just pay the bills!

I didn't start this thread about should I get more money. I just want something done. I feel my lawyers are draggin their feet. Thanks V8kilr!

Has she tried triger point injections? what treatment has she went through?

DUDE, LET ME SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU... THE ONLY THING THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY OWES YOU IS TO PAY HER MEDICAL BILLS AND REPLACE DAMAGED PROPERTY. that is what they are in business for.

I really do feel for your wife... accidents suck and nothing good can ever come out of it. I've been in accidents before and had pain from them... I ruptured 2 disks in my lower back helping a friend out.... you think I'm going to sue him because of it, even though it will directly effect me for the rest of my life with constant pain? HELL NO... why? because he didn't mean to do it... It was an accident... it's not like the kid was like, "hey, I don't like that Pontiac in front of me, let me go ahead and ram it at 60 mph"

jesus, people like you is one of the reason why insurance rates are so freaking high....

That is an opinion of some one that has never been through what his wife has been through. BTW with Allstate they wont even pay the medical bills! If you have 10K in bills they will offer you 3K.

I am not arguing that they should pay her medical bills.

as far as constant pain... I've lived with back pain, tingling feeling in my feet, and sharp pains going down my leg for the past 2 years... I know what it's like to be in constant pain

You would feel different if you were helping your friend and he took a bat and hit you in your back. You right it was an accident, but his insurance knew his record and still insured him.

BTW - LET ME SPELL THIS OUT TO YOU, I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR MORE MONEY THAN WHAT WE OWE IN MEDICAL BILLS. HELL I NEVER ASKED FOR ANY X AMOUNT OF MONEY.

its people like you that accidents happen and are brushed off as no big deal. Lord you are dense.

Has she tried triger point injections? what treatment has she went through?

She has lost the curve in her neck. The curve is there to absorb inpact, without the curve every steps she takes has direct inpact on the base of her skull. Which is where he headaches start. She does do exersices that are suppose the strengthen her neck, but ti hasn't reduced the pain.

oh and smokin........ Its people like the kid who can't drive that make ins rates high.

She has lost the curve in her neck.

That can be fixed... Are you in Grove city?

I can see if I can find you a chiropractor that doe a technique called Chiropractic Biophysics. They can bring the curve back. I do it in my office but I am a long way from you, if you are in Grove City.

BTW - LET ME SPELL THIS OUT TO YOU, I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR MORE MONEY THAN WHAT WE OWE IN MEDICAL BILLS. HELL I NEVER ASKED FOR ANY X AMOUNT OF MONEY.

should I get rich? Hell yes I should. They make a enough money in an hour to make me happy. My wife will live in pain every day of her life because some punk wasn't paying attention. And that punk payed his insurance to be responsible for his behaviors. So yes I think I should get rich.

hmmmm.....

anyways, good luck with your financial venture... I really hope that you get your medical bills paid for. That is what insurance is for.

hmmmm.....

anyways, good luck with your financial venture... I really hope that you get your medical bills paid for. That is what insurance is for.

don't think too hard man.....Yes I think I should get paid, but I have never asked for it nor do I expect it.

I can see if I can find you a chiropractor that doe a technique called Chiropractic Biophysics. They can bring the curve back. I do it in my office but I am a long way from you, if you are in Grove City.

no I am in Amanda, thats about 30min south of Grive city. She sees Dr diffenderfer in Circleville. We would be very interested in hearing more about this. PM me.

I have the same issue with my neck and was previously told that it couldn't be fixed, it was something that was permenant. Know where I can get more info on the procedure?

sorry to hijack the thread. good luck with the lawsuit.

I have the same issue with my neck and was previously told that it couldn't be fixed, it was something that was permenant. Know where I can get more info on the procedure?

sorry to hijack the thread. good luck with the lawsuit.

That is because you have not met the chiro-pimp named Dr. Rick :D

Check out this link

DUDE, LET ME SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU... THE ONLY THING THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY OWES YOU IS TO PAY HER MEDICAL BILLS AND REPLACE DAMAGED PROPERTY. that is what they are in business for.

Wrong. Although this is not all that it covers, an auto insurance policy is issued primarily to reduce or eliminate PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for an accident. This means that almost anything you could be held personally liable for after a car accident is the insurance company's responsibility up to the limits of your policy. Injuring someone in an accident does make you responsible for pain and suffering, like it or not. If all that the insurance company had to do was pay medical bills and replace damaged property, then how do you propose they would handle it if someone were killed in an accident? Pay for the funeral and replace the car? And insurance rates aren't high here. They can be if you suck at driving, think insurance fraud is cool, or have bad credit. Try getting insurance in New York.

Sorry, but your post was probably the most ignorant and insensitive thing I've seen here in a long time; that wasn't written by a guy with a turbocharged Colt, anyway.