Stereo System Suggestions

Radio Flyer1647545514

Looking into getting a stereo system.

Idea:

Alpine Deck

Alpine speakers 5" in front 6 by 9 tweeters in the back

2 12" Alpine type R's powered by 1500-2k watts. Suggestions on quality for the price, suggestion on wattage for the 12's? Vented Box?

Don't get hung up on " have to have 1500-2k watts". I have done systems that sound great with less than a 300 watt amp. Many times the wattage listing for an amp my be misleading. 100 watt amp with a low THD, is better than 1000 watts with high THD.

here is how I look at it:

Stay with a lower wattage quality amp. The amps that are out there that advertise high wattages have to sacrifice quality to be able to sell them at a lower price..

:nod: smart man. thats what i did i only have a 400W amp but it gets the job done. from what i have seen Alpine makes alright stuff. what is your price range?

Back in the day... we ran two punch 45's and it would knock your socks off.

I built many systems over the years and have been a professional installer. A true 2000 Watt system will make you not be able to breath in your car!

do you still install systems anymore on the side or anything like that?

I can... but I dont have alot of time to do that stuff. So If I took one on it would have to be a smaller system. What did you have in mind?

Are you still driving your Talon? If so then 2 12"s are going to be way overkill unless you're trying to be annoying with your stereo. 1 12" will give you all the sound and volume you would ever want.

You've been given good advise above that you sould buy a QUALITY amp, this will make all the difference. You've got 6 speakers in your car, 4" in the dash, 5.25" in the doors, and a goofy size in the rear sides (if I'm remembering correctly it's not quite a 6x9).

If you research a bit you'll find people have had good sucess with doing components in the door and mounting the tweeter in the plastic up by your mirrors on the doors. If you don't want to go that route nicely upgraded speakers in the stock locations will sound nice. Be aware though that to put a decent 6x9 in the rear will usually involve "clearancing" the rear fender for additional depth (read: bashing the inner fender with a hammer to get the speaker to fit). I opted not to do this and was still satisfied with the sound.

Also, if you have the rear hatch cover on your car it will help keep thieves eyes from seeing something they like. If you don't have one, get one.

I can... but I dont have alot of time to do that stuff. So If I took one on it would have to be a smaller system. What did you have in mind?

i have a system in my car now. im tryin to get a new one just having a hard time. im just tryin to keep my doors open so when the next one comes along i have some resources and options.

If you're searching for great subs with great bang for the buck then check out

RE

FI audio (same guy who started RE)

ascendant audio

TC sounds

Enclosures help to go along way with your sub as well.

Pete from Team Toxic Bass can design you the perfect enclosure for any sub you choose, tailored around your vehicle, listening needs, and personal taste.

Find Pete (HexiBase) here at Hexibase Forum's

I had a single 10" in my Laser and it was more than enough. Don't just pay attention to PEAK wattage, RMS is the more important.

I just got some new Alpine o.e. replacements in my truck today, so far they sound great for just little 5x7's. For a deck I stick to Pioneer, their reliable, have good power, and lots of audio adjustment. Match your system to your car for the best sound.

I just want to annoy black people basically is whats up with the 12's, I was thinking of 10's at first. Alpine Deck= 350. Looking for 300-350 as far as speakers go. Someone suggest brands/subs. I'm not decided on subs/amp because it is the last of all of this.

Radio, I will tell you from years of experiance don't waste you money on a system. You will regret it later. Like damn that was a turbo upgrade or what not. That being said i know you wont listen. so

Personaly I like 10's more solid of a hit, I do not care for the Type-Rs unless you going to be doing SPL.

A Pair of 10's or even 10's and a descent amp you should be set.

I ran a Califronia Profile 600M (600 watt monoblock) and 3 MTX 10's for quite a while.

1 winshield later they still were hitting pretty nicely.

BTW I've had ohhh to many setups

Kicker / Orion / Punch / Power Punch / JL /

I used to have a little addiction to blurring my own vision at 145+ DB