Stereo System Suggestions

Radio Flyer1647545514

1 winshield later they still were hitting pretty nicely.

and VENTED BOXES SUCK ON HIGH POWER APPLICATIONS

Are you alluding to the fact that you broke the windshield in your car with your system with your first statement? If so I call major :bs: , you may have made a cracked windshield worse, but you didnt blow out a windshield with your setup.

Steve meade from Steve Meade Designs is running (last i knew) 4 18" BTL's in his SUV, and hasn't and will not blow out the windshield. It simply can not be done on a daily driven vehicle. Even the competition level setups barely see a chance at such an accomplishment, in fact, I've never seen any thing about a windshield blowing out durring such an event, cracking yes, but blowing out, NO.

What about the SPL guys running Honda CRX's for competition who can't seem to blow out their windows???

And your second comment is really nieve as well. But kinda follows the first comment as show how much knowledge you may or may not have.

How many competition setups running 20,000watts do you see using anything but a vented style enclosure? I've never seen a sealed box in competition ever. If yours or someones you know vented box sucked then I would look at the builder, not the box.

Not to sound like a dick, but car audio discussions are just like automotive discussions, they should be left up to the ones that know what they are talking about, and one should only offer opinions on what they truly know. Not make a general comment about something sucking if they really have no information to back that up.

92 TSi Talon. I dont want anything insane but I am a music buff and my speakers SUCK! I just want small hit. I'm doing 10's.

Amp suggestion, brand suggestion? That is what I'm looking for now.

I could suggest some amps that would do you right, but you wouldnt like the prices. (300 watt class-D amp for $1000 :o )

If you want a solid amp, any class D style Kicker, RF, Alpine, JL amp will be perfect for what you have planned.

My first system I had 2-15's... mids....highs, Alpine amp, Alpine deck, Mtx speakers. A total of 150 watts and I could do 130db. who needs 2k watts?
i did lol i was running 2 jl w7 12s and 2 jl 1000/1 it hit hard most that has been out to east main has seen my old car.. but alpine is the way to go

p.s jl amps SUCK i blew 10. 1000/1s in a year and haft pic of my old set up is on the sounddomain link below

I ran a Califronia Profile 600M (600 watt monoblock) and 3 MTX 10's for quite a while.

1 winshield later they still were hitting pretty nicely.

I used to have a little addiction to blurring my own vision at 145+ DB

:bs: I will have to raise the flag on this post...

3-10" subs WILL NOT BREAK A WINDSHIELD! It is impossible!

Speakers are basically air pumps. The produce sound by moving a volume of air. To break a windshield you must be able to pressurize the inside of the cabin, producing failure of the window. Could you have cracked windshield from another source, that is made worse by 3-10's... yes.

I have been in the "Linear power" van that had over 4000 watts of power, running 12-12's (this was true watts, not Pyramid wattage claims). They did not beak a stock windshield. When the volume is turned up it is almost impossible to breath!

I was not saying I blew it out. I cracked the living piss out of it. And I do know what I'm talking about You can ask just about anyone who had seen it in my car. Started at the bottom of the windows about the middle and grew in a curve towards the driver side and finaly obstucted my view causing me to buy anyone one. Weather or not the glass had a defect is beyond me but it was done.

The system i designed for a buddy of mine blew his front windows out of its seal. It was a older car but thats the closes I've gotton. At competition I have seen people break a read windows.

My camaro with 2 MA Audio 12's and a MA audio 1200 Watt amp would pop the hatch.

This was feed threw a Yellow Top on 0 gauge wire to the front. In a Camaro Hatch box.

I by no means think im a expert more of a ethusiast

As for my vented comment I guesse it would be more of a Preferance then. for high power applications I feel that a Tuned port/Vented is only good for sPL not general listening.

I apolgize for being general.

i did lol i was running 2 jl w7 12s and 2 jl 1000/1 it hit hard most that has been out to east main has seen my old car.. but alpine is the way to go

p.s jl amps SUCK i blew 10. 1000/1s in a year and haft pic of my old set up is on the sounddomain link below

Yup, i saw your car at a couple of shows. Your car was LOOOUD. The last time i heard/saw your car was up at CCA on morse road about a year ago.That was one badass car indeed.

Thorne, its okay, it just sounded like you meant you blew the window out, no biggie. And when you didn't specify your comment about vented boxes in respect to SQ I had to say something :)

BUT, you can have a vented style enclosure geared towards SPL and SQ, there are more than just Ported, Sealed, Vented, and Bandpass style enclosures out there.

Take this for instance:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/375000-375999/375939_181_full.jpg

That box is an off axis T-box, which is essentially a transmission line and bass reflex hybrid. Geard towards both SQ and SPL.