Does anyone know where NinjaNick has been?

PrincessPratt

Apparently, you're too lazy to read what happened. Let me bring you up to speed

Two reasons:

1. No one really gives a fuck about Nick
  2. Someone questioned a quote from Barack Obama in someone's signature.

Not too difficult, really.

No I'm not to lazy to read what happened, even though that was pretty rude, I'll let that go :beating:, I scimmed thru most of it, my indirect point which you seemed to miss was that maybe this political crap should be discussed in a relevant thread.

Maybe you don't give a fuck about Nick :missing:, but I don't give a fuck about this political bullshit, but at least I don't come into a "political thread" and start discussing other shit.

:rant:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:postcop: There are several of us on this board that have actually met Nick in person and ridden with him and like him...me included. I think you are taking this "internet enemies" thing a little too far....same with the "internet friends."

I've not ridden with or met Nick in person, though I've had a personal invitation to:

post_old.gif 04-20-2008, 10:08 PM

image.php?u=865&dateline=1216088819NinjaNick user_offline.gif

supporter.gif

Tequila + free time = fun

'08 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 Join Date: Dec 2006

Diggs: 0

reputation_pos.gif

Hi

Want to take this offline and talk about this over the phone and see what escalates from there? :wink:

You are the biggest ass on the board and you need taught some manners boy. (shame,shame):nono:

As it turns out, I passed. Personally, I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone who acts that way - no matter who it was directed at.

Tell Nicky I said "hi". Maybe mommy will let him come out and play again sometime.

I think the term birthright is what's tripping you up. We have a right to bear arms in this country because of where we are born, not just because we were born. Think of it as an inheritance from Uncle Sam.

It's not so hard to understand why the founding fathers included that in the Bill of Rights. To them it was the most important "thing" - to be able to protect yourself from any type of uprising. Arming yourself is the only way to do that. I dont think hover cars would apply here.

That was what was tripping me up. But then do we, as Americans, project those same rights onto others, non-Americans? Or, do we just have a good 'luck of the draw' that we were born Americans?

There are also many other 'things' that would quell uprisings - grenades, slingshots, fire hoses, that badass Humvee turret mounted microwave beam... Hovercars were a bad example because I know it's a POWER thing - kind of like a check and balance against the POWER of the establishment. But, I still don't understand why arms are a right and not a freedom.

I'm for guns, but I don't think your average Joe needs semi- of full automatic weapons just because they have a right to. I'd have some better arguments for you, but honestly this isn't a real hot button issue for me. Hell, we're probably on the same side just at different levels. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

No I'm not to lazy to read what happened' date=' even though that was pretty rude, I'll let that go :beating:, I scimmed thru most of it, my indirect point which you seemed to miss was that maybe this political crap should be discussed in a relevant thread.

Maybe you don't give a fuck about Nick :missing:, but I don't give a fuck about this political bullshit, but at least I don't come into a "political thread" and start discussing other shit.

:rant:[/quote']

Gee, thanks for "letting my rudeness go". Maybe you should have been more "direct" in your approach? If you're so worried about keeping a thread on topic, call a moderator - maybe they can help you out.

That was what was tripping me up. But then do we, as Americans, project those same rights onto others, non-Americans? Or, do we just have a good 'luck of the draw' that we were born Americans?

Yup - luck of the draw that we live in the best country on the planet. No other reason.

There are also many other 'things' that would quell uprisings - grenades, slingshots, fire hoses, that badass Humvee turret mounted microwave beam... Hovercars were a bad example because I know it's a POWER thing - kind of like a check and balance against the POWER of the establishment. But, I still don't understand why arms are a right and not a freedom.

Sure, there are plenty of ways to protect oneself, but when the Constitution was written, that was it. Its a right because it is the cornerstone on which all of our other "freedoms" are based. Without the ability to defend ourselves as individuals the freedoms we have could be taken away.

I'm for guns, but I don't think your average Joe needs semi- of full automatic weapons just because they have a right to. I'd have some better arguments for you, but honestly this isn't a real hot button issue for me. Hell, we're probably on the same side just at different levels. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

We all have lots of things we don't need. You don't need a 1300cc motorcycle. The issue is how do you set the limits. For example, starting today, we ca only buy a bike with a 1000cc engine. You can keep your 1300cc bike, but you can no longer buy parts for it. People say, "ok, 1000cc's is still plenty of power, we're ok with that. Two years from now the powers that be decide that 1000cc's is too much. The average guy doesn't need it. In fact, on a 250cc bike you can still go plenty fast on the roads. "The people caved in when we dropped it before this will be easy - we'll drop the limit to 250cc's. And so it goes until everyone is riding around on electric scooters that only do 25mph and only on certain roads.

The same thing can happen with guns, and to a large degree it alread has. Once you let them start taking away rights and freedoms they don't stop until they have everything and you have nothing. No choice left but to give in and let big brother run the show.

I've not ridden with or met Nick in person, though I've had a personal invitation to:

post_old.gif 04-20-2008, 10:08 PM

image.php?u=865&dateline=1216088819NinjaNick user_offline.gif

supporter.gif

Tequila + free time = fun

'08 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 Join Date: Dec 2006

Diggs: 0

reputation_pos.gif

Hi

Want to take this offline and talk about this over the phone and see what escalates from there? :wink:

You are the biggest ass on the board and you need taught some manners boy. (shame,shame):nono:

As it turns out, I passed. Personally, I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone who acts that way - no matter who it was directed at.

Tell Nicky I said "hi". Maybe mommy will let him come out and play again sometime.

I really don't give a shit what is or has gone on between you and Nick...and I really doubt if anyone else does either on this board. I don't think its right for anybody on this board to be talking shit about other members. If you guys don't like each other please keep it private and off this board. FYI, I don't know Nicks phone number and I'm not going to call him to come out and play. :boxing:

The motorcycle analogy isn't a great one. Motorcycles aren't designed to protect your home and kill people -- though the potential for lethality is there for the gun and the bike. It's completely not the same.

And to somewhat get back on topic. Todd isn't the only member on this board that has gotten similar messages from Nick. Nick says he changed, but having never met him in person - I can't be sure either way. I still have all the PMs to show how he used to act.

I disagree with your opinion. I believe that he saying, ok the constitution says you have an individual right to bear arms, but as the government, we know how best for you to exercise that right. I think if you look deeper into his stance on this issue you'll find that he agrees with the concept of limiting the second amendment.

One of the problems with this is we are discussing something about a third party that has both statements and voting records that sends mixed messages depending on how you interpret them. Makes this a bit difficult.

But it doesn't limit or keep me from being a member of that religion.

But it does limit it's practice if something like that is at the religions core.

This is a question of semantics. I can slander or libel you. No problem. However, I may be prosecuted for it.

No it isn't. It's literally a limit on speech. It is illegal to do those things. That's almost like arguing against other rights and freedoms. I can enslave or murder someone and I may be prosecuted for it. You can play those games with every law on the books.

Religion, speech and assembly are freedoms. Keeping and bearing arms is a right. I believe that there is a fundamental difference between the two.

The DC gun ban infringed on residents right to KEEP arms. The court was right in striking it down, and Obama is wrong if he thinks he can limit that right.

When are you getting your nukes? :D

I really don't give a shit what is or has gone on between you and Nick...and I really doubt if anyone else does either on this board. I don't think its right for anybody on this board to be talking shit about other members. If you guys don't like each other please keep it private and off this board. FYI, I don't know Nicks phone number and I'm not going to call him to come out and play. :boxing:

Jesus...I didn't know you were the O-R police.

If you don't give a shit, why did you get your panties in a wad when I said I don't give a fuck about him?

Personally, I don't care if anyone else gives a shit about how I feel about him. I'm not here to parrot everyone else's thoughts, ideas or least of all feelings. I'm here for me. Don't like it? I don't care.

If you dont want to know how I feel about someone, Nick especially, then don't comment...pass my posts by and don't read them.

Oh, and I'm hurt that you rescinded your friend request that you sent me earlier. I'm all broken up about it. :(

One of the problems with this is we are discussing something about a third party that has both statements and voting records that sends mixed messages depending on how you interpret them. Makes this a bit difficult.

I agree. Although at the heart of this is the fact that Obama will be beholden to the special interest groups that seek to limit that right. When push comes to shove I don't believe that he has the integrity or the fortitude to stand for what is right. He'll bow down.

But it does limit it's practice if something like that is at the religions core.

I'll give you that one.

No it isn't. It's literally a limit on speech. It is illegal to do those things. That's almost like arguing against other rights and freedoms. I can enslave or murder someone and I may be prosecuted for it. You can play those games with every law on the books.

I believe that slander or libel are civil cases, not criminal. Not the same as murder, rape, or other crimes against an individual.

When are you getting your nukes? :D

As soon as I finish lining my walk-in closet with lead. :D

I don't know what happened between you guys, but reguardless of what falling out you may have had, nick is a good guy, I've known nick, and riden with nick, before this site even existed, was always easy to get along with in person.

Better question is how the @#$ did a thread about Nick being MIA turn into a political debate about gun laws and freedoms??????? :dunno:

Exactly!!! I posted this b/c I had a genuine concern for him. Just as I would for anyone else who posts alot & I hadn't seen on the board in a while. Riders get injured all the time!!! It is important for us to be our brother's keeper at times. I can't believe this thread had brought out this type of behavior. There are "other" threads to post this type of crap. Please guys enough of the name calling and rudeness. We're all grown here.....let's have some respect for each other.

Jesus...I didn't know you were the O-R police.

If you don't give a shit, why did you get your panties in a wad when I said I don't give a fuck about him?

Personally, I don't care if anyone else gives a shit about how I feel about him. I'm not here to parrot everyone else's thoughts, ideas or least of all feelings. I'm here for me. Don't like it? I don't care.

If you dont want to know how I feel about someone, Nick especially, then don't comment...pass my posts by and don't read them.

Oh, and I'm hurt that you rescinded your friend request that you sent me earlier. I'm all broken up about it. :(

Whatever man, you are the one that came on this thread and started talking trash about Nick....this thread was posted b/c of a genuine concern about him. If you want to flame Nick, why don't you go start your own thread in the flame forum?

Exactly!!! I posted this b/c I had a genuine concern for him. Just as I would for anyone else who posts alot & I hadn't seen on the board in a while. Riders get injured all the time!!! It is important for us to be our brother's keeper at times. I can't believe this thread had brought out this type of behavior. There are "other" threads to post this type of crap. Please guys enough of the name calling and rudeness. We're all grown here.....let's have some respect for each other.

:( Sorry your thread turned into a political/flame Nick thread.

:plus1:

YEESH....Go away for a few hours and all hell breaks loose :rolleyes:

Started to multi quote, but ended up too many. You tryin' to make up for lost time here Todd, now that the board's back up? I think you've posted more in the last few days than the last 6 months, and your Dale Carnegie "How to Win Friends & Influence People" coursework is really payin' dividends I see ;)

We got off topic because Flores liked my sig quote, and he commented on it.....So blame me I guess for this thread going awry David

I too care that Nick's OK, but realize he's not everyone's cup of tea, and could/can rub people the wrong way

And Justin.....Since you're so big on checks & balances.....The 2nd amendment was our Founding Fathers' brilliant anticipation of government getting too big & trying to rule us. It's our right, given by them, to protect ourselves & revolt again if necessary, to retain the freedom they'd just fought so hard to gain us from an oppressive government. THAT'S why it's the only "right" listed in the Constitution

The motorcycle analogy isn't a great one. Motorcycles aren't designed to protect your home and kill people -- though the potential for lethality is there for the gun and the bike. It's completely not the same.

Actually, I thought that WAS a great analogy Justin. It conveyed the point, even if the specifics weren't spot on

Edited by Fonzie
Just noticed an apostrophe in the wrong place ;)

Whatever man, you are the one that came on this thread and started talking trash about Nick....this thread was posted b/c of a genuine concern about him. If you want to flame Nick, why don't you go start your own thread in the flame forum?

Better check your work, skippy.

I didn't flame or bash nick, I just said I didn't give a fuck where he was, and gave an example of why I didn't care. Someone else turned it into a political thread, and I replied. You don't like it? Boo-fucking-hoo. Cry to a moderator. Get them to close the thread, split off the political posts, whatever.

I didn't know there was a rule that to post in a thread you had to agree with the original poster's opinion. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future.

SchmuckGirl is right, over the years I have know many riders that have wrecked, and some that have died. And when someone who post's everyday on the board dissapears, people who ride with them get concered.

VERY true! Happened that way with my buddy Jeff in my sig, last year, except we worked together :( Fortunately we know Nick's OK thumb.gif .....'Cause I can tell you it's a sickening feeling

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070421/NEWS01/704210470

Heard a blurb while in the kitchen this morning, on local early news about 2 motorcycle accidents in Toledo last night.......one fatal. So I hurry up & get to the living room just in time to catch a glimpse of a minivan on top of a green sportbike. SHITTTT........Jeff's got a lime green '03 ZX12. Oh well........can't be him right.......I mean.......we don't see ALOT of green ones around here........but his aint the only one.....even though every time we're out, people come & gawk him.....right?!? eusa_shifty.gif

So I start callin' him at 8-8:30 this mornin' & leavin' messages tellin' him what I saw, and to call back & let me know he's alright. Keep leavin' 'em every hour or 2........all FREAKIN' day. Start getttin' a little more worried in the afternoon when it just starts ringin' busy rather than goin' to VM.

Call his conductor & ask if he's heard from Jeff at all today, and if his phone's been workin' OK lately. He says no......he's not heard from him (their day off though, so not unusual) and yes, last he knew on Thursday, it was workin' OK.....though Jeff had marked off yesterday for somethin' or other. I ask him to have Jeff call me tomorrow morning if when they get to work, Jeff's still not gotten my VM's.

Call Jeff again 7:30 & leave another VM telling him this has been goin' on long enough and he needs to hurry up & call me back. Right at same time, Aaron calls me back and says he accidently took the yard phone home with him, and that a text message just came through on it from Jeff's girlfriend asking someone to call her regarding him. Aaron gives me the # and says I should probably be the one to call her based on what I'd already told him.

So I call her, and once I tell her it's me, and ask if she's heard from Jeff today 'cause I've been tryin' to call him ALL DAY 'cause of what I saw this morning & all I keep getting is VM.........She starts ballin' & tellin' me she's been wanting to call me all day but didn't know my number 'cause it was in Jeff's cell phone & the phone's on him..................and he's dead! icon_eek.gif

I was driving at the time & can't believe I kept the car on the road! I swear I had a hard time comprehending/registering anything she told me after that......felt like my mind had a hundred things flyin' through it.....but yes......that'd been his bike I'd seen on the news this morning.

God this BLOWS!!! He's got a 6(??) year old son too, whose mom, Jeff's ex wife, died almost exactly 2 years ago, April 1st. Now that poor boy has no parents, & Jeff's been fighting his ex in-laws to maintain custody ever since. Wish I could just adopt him & raise him myself....he's a perfect angel every time I've been around him....real good boy! eusa_angel.gif

Ironic thing here is he had asked me last year if I wanted to buy one of his helmets.......black Fulmer w/ Silver dragon on it.......would'a went perfect with the 'Bird. I kept buggin' him about it after that, but he never followed through with sellin' it to me.

My last conversation with him was few days ago when he called me about that helmet again outa the clear blue wanting to know if I still wanted it. He left it at work for me the other day...........and I swear to God I was just holding it, checking it out in the garage last night.........right around the time the accident happened! Torn between wearing that helmet the rest of my life, or putting it up cause it's cursed.....I've told him a million times if he didn't have bad luck........he'd have no luck at all!!

And of course now I'm getting BIG time pressure from wifey, and especially mom, to sell the 'Bird. Neither one wanted me to get it to begin with.....said all I did was buy faster way to kill myself after my accident on the Yami 3 years ago...............

So here's to you Jeff Murray.....R.I.P.....Lord knows you had a tough enough go of it down here!!! drunks.gif God it seems surreal.......I keep wanting to call & talk to him as I'm typing all this icon_redface.gif

........Which brings me back to my sig line below .......He didn't put it off long enough! V V V

Someone once told me "you can always make new friends, but you can't make old friends".......Jeff was a newer friend, who, until this, was becoming an old friend.

Edited by Fonzie

And you got your answer wayyyyyyyyyy back in post #18, yet you read it all the way to the end.

Last time I checked, there's an "ignore button". If you don't like what I've got to say, I'd suggest you click it.

And you got your answer wayyyyyyyyyy back in post #18, yet you read it all the way to the end.

Last time I checked, there's an "ignore button". If you don't like what I've got to say, I'd suggest you click it.

I think you have seriously got to be the rudest person on this entire board! I don't know if you realize this but many, many, many of us hang out outside the "cyberspace" world. We are friends on here and have no tolerance for this kind of behavior. I have to wonder what type of person actually has the audacity to write something this arrogant and rude to someone who had enough class to ask for the nonsense to be stopped. I was simply attempting to be a peacemaker.

I think you have seriously got to be the rudest person on this entire board! I don't know if you realize this but many, many, many of us hang out outside the "cyberspace" world. We are friends on here and have no tolerance for this kind of behavior. I have to wonder what type of person actually has the audacity to write something this arrogant and rude to someone who had enough class to ask for the nonsense to be stopped. I was simply attempting to be a peacemaker.

Gee, thanks for your opinion. Quite honestly, until many, many, many more people nominate me for the "rudest person on this entire board" I'll hold off on scheduling the ticker-tape parade.

I don't know if YOU realize this or not, but I don't hang out with any of you outside of the "cyberspace" world. What kind of behavior is it that you and your friends have no tolerance for? The fact that I stated I didn't care where he was, or the fact that your happy little thread turned into a political discussion?

By the way, I don't think anyone asked for a peacemaker.