Canada Rocks!!

Dr. Apex

Well, at least some of the bars in Windsor do anyway.

Left the auto show in Detroit today and decided to go to some titty bars in Windsor. The women were great and the lap dances even better, can't get a lap dance like they give there!!! ;)

yeah...kinda what im trying to tell her, but she says her dad said he has friends up that way, and they had problems coming back. i told her as long as she has her drivers license and birth certificate, she would be fine. ill have to show her this to convince her

Well, at least some of the bars in Windsor do anyway.

Left the auto show in Detroit today and decided to go to some titty bars in Windsor. The women were great and the lap dances even better, can't get a lap dance like they give there!!! ;)

The rules for strip clubs are WAY different up there. In your case, WAY better :)

We went to Cheetah's in Windsor - great club. :cool:

On another trip, Jessica and I got stopped at the border trying to re-enter the US and they gave us some grief about not having a birth certificate (or passport). Of course, Canada had no problem letting us in without the birth certificate (big surprise!), it was just coming back where the snag occurred. So, yeah, if you go, definitely have your birth certificate + your driver's license/ID (or, better yet, a passport) just to be on the safe side.

Would a social security card work?

I don't think so. I've based that answer on two things:

1. I read the article posted by Conesmasher, and, in my admittedly brief scan of it, I didn't see where it said specifically that a social security card was an acceptable form of documentation.

2. On my trip back that I referenced earlier, Jessica and I both had our social security cards and presented those as we were getting hassled by the border patrol. In response to that, the border patrol officer - who was being a real dick, BTW - said something sarcastic about it, like, "Nope, a social security card only shows that you have a job in the U.S., not that you're a citizen there" or something to that effect.

So, if I went again, I'd make sure I had my passport or, in the least, my birth certificate + my driver's license.

Definitely have a BIRTH CERTIFICATE!! I showed my social card too and they didn't care. He specifically said "birth certificate" or something that shows you were born here.

We went to Leppard's(spelling?) It's right on Wyandotte street near where the bridge is. It was the closest and easiest place to go to. We did get directions to a couple other places if you go down Wyandotte, then left on "Oulette" then down there near Park st are supposed to be some good places also.

Just thinking out loud here. (Doc, thanks for the answer to my question) What about a recent phone bill or utility bill with your name and address?

My problem is that I've never seen my birth certificate. I think my mom still has it somewhere, and I have no idea how complicated obtaining a passport would be.

We went to Leppard's(spelling?)

Oh, wait, maybe that's where we went. It was some kind of big cat.

My problem is that I've never seen my birth certificate. I think my mom still has it somewhere, and I have no idea how complicated obtaining a passport would be.

You can obtain your birth certificate online, if you know where you were born. I've actually used one before, and it worked fine. Here are a few of the sites:

http://www.birthcertificatesusa.com/html/brusa_by_state.html

http://www.usbirthcertificate.com/google/

https://www.vitalchek.com/agency_locator.asp?eventtype=birth

Oh, wait, maybe that's where we went. It was some kind of big cat.

You can obtain your birth certificate online, if you know where you were born. I've actually used one before, and it worked fine. Here are a few of the sites:

http://www.birthcertificatesusa.com/html/brusa_by_state.html

http://www.usbirthcertificate.com/google/

https://www.vitalchek.com/agency_locator.asp?eventtype=birth

Odds are were talking about the same place...lol. I liked the no cover charge but bring canadian $$, it's $5.50 a beer in our currency. It's $20 a dance for private in canadian so it's just a little less in U.S.

As of right now $1 U.S. = $1.05 Canadian And fill your gas tank on our side, it's about $3.40 a gallon over there right now.

when i was up it was the weekend of that big ass blizzard in jan (05 i believe), and when we got there, we went to windsor, and cheetahs was closed due to a water main break or something...we went across that main road to the million dollar saloon...i enjoyed it...got drunk enough i forgot to save $ for the toll booth...we got there and both of us just pulled out as much silver change as we could find, threw it in the basket and prayed....luckily it let us through

i was told beginning 01/01/07 you needed a passport for all canada/mexico travel???

Tom

Read above, we didn't need a passport but we got grief for not having proof of birth here in the U.S.

We got lost in the canadian money coming back and handed the woman like almost $9 when the toll was just over $3.....stupid canadian money is a bit tricky to figure out with $1 coins, and $2 coins...etc....etc...

So if you are a paranoid type, get a passport because when you get carded at a bar they have to take it and they cannot swipe it thru a reader. If you want a better anonymous form of ID a passport is great (most places don't have a passport scanner).

Also, if you want to travel to anywhere, the line moves much faster with a passport and you look like you know what you are doing. Go get one, it is pretty simple to do and if you have it the benefits are pretty good.

i was told beginning 01/01/07 you needed a passport for all canada/mexico travel???

Tom

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html <- new passport requirements

1/23/07 passports required for AIR travel

1/1/08 passports required for everyone (air, land, and sea travel)

We got lost in the canadian money coming back and handed the woman like almost $9 when the toll was just over $3.....stupid canadian money is a bit tricky to figure out with $1 coins, and $2 coins...etc....etc...

LOL, yeah, I hear you. I was playing blackjack my first time up there and a waitress brought me a drink. She handed me back some change, which amounted to several coins. Not thinking, I just handed her back the coins as a tip, thinking I was tipping her about $1.50 in loose change. The waitress walks away happy. Realizing what I might have just done, I turn to the person sitting next to me - a Canadian who had been sitting next to me for a while that night - and said, "Hey, how much did I just tip her?" The response: "About $8.00." It was the most expensive Coors Light ever. :o