King of 270 Section

Linn1647545492

If you think you have what it takes to be a contender and want to be able to view the NEW King of 270 section of CR, send me a PM telling me who you are and details about your car (HP, ET, trap speed, ect...)

there will be a bench mark for allowing people in to this section.

EDIT

Ok, obviously there's a benchmark for even being considered.

400 RWHP and/or 115 MPH traps!

Once you meet one of these two prerequisites, you have to provide the accommodating dyno sheet or time slip to Linn for verification.

It's pretty simple, keeps the gerbils out of the running, and allows everyone to focus on proven performance cars.

~Anthony

and who the fuck are you?

Well, I think that he is someone that was reffering to me.

Thanks,

Rob

PS - Dave, I'll have my car at all the norwalk rentals this year so I'm sure you'll see it at some point. :)

pm sent

for the record I think you should leave the RWHP out of it and raise the trap to at LEAST 125 and really 130. There is no reason to be messing around with high 11 second cars

I Agreee anything sub 125ish will get walked.

I Agreee anything sub 125ish will get walked.

Not in all cases, but in general yes... some vehicals, just dont get off the line, are terribly slow thru the 1/8th, but gain control by the 1000, and haul the mail from the 1000 on... specificaly, cars that run the 1000meters, rather than the 400. Again, a high torque FWD that cant even make full power untill almost 4th gear... not going to trap for shit, or ET for shit, but runs the 1000 meters like a champ. I.E. EIP R32, im sure youve seen the vids.

yes yes i agree linn comeon now 115 mph traps arent gonna be enough to hang w/ the big boys who the hell made that the bench mark... my car traps at 110 and i know that i dont have ashot in hell to come close. We got cars makin more than twice that whp easily y even fuck around with the slow pieces of shit this is the big time shiat...125 min trap speed hooooooorraaaaahhhhhhhh!!

115 seems fine just to get people in. Those people will get weeded out quickly so it won't even be a problem. Having a few slower cars allows the faster ones to play eachother a little bit. You only have to go fast enough to beat the other person, it could make things more interesting.

Also for people saying it is too low, consider 125 is something a regular kb cobra can hit. That isn't going to cut it against most of these cars.

115 seems fine just to get people in. Those people will get weeded out quickly so it won't even be a problem. Having a few slower cars allows the faster ones to play eachother a little bit. You only have to go fast enough to beat the other person, it could make things more interesting.

Also for people saying it is too low, consider 125 is something a regular kb cobra can hit. That isn't going to cut it against most of these cars.

Agreed, as I volunteered the 115 benchmark. It won't cut it after some time, but still allows for some fun.

Just to give you some idea, I trapped a little over 125mph w/ the old set-up in the Z06 (i.e., cam, headers, and a 100-shot of spray), which was probably good for around 500rwhp. So, if you couldn't beat me two summers ago, then seriously consider not asking Linn to be added.