354 hrs

Science Abuse

In 2006 I set a new personal record: 106 hours of OT in two weeks (Memorial Tournament). Salary, no OT pay, but got a nice bonus check.

Being a salaried manager, I have averaged almost 64 hours a week for the last 15 years. That equates to over 1200 hours of overtime per year.

In 1993 I averaged 79 hours a work week. Effectively 1560 hours of overtime.

NOTE: It is a very bad thing for a person on exempt salary to track your worked hours and equate it to hourly pay. Example: In 1993 I made $5.83 an hour.

We get 7 min after the start of the shift and 7 min before the end of the shift to clock in/out with no penalty. I did 15 years in retail management..did the 90 hour weeks as an exempt store manager..you learn to recognize the opportunities for comp time and other perks to take advantage of. Never try to break down your salary by the hours you worked..it just leads to depression.

I have a 38.75 work week and still get paid 40 hrs. salary FTW. oh and what is this OT you speak of??? :)

I had 3.5 hours paid at 150% and 1 hour extra paid at 100% on my last pay check. You are not working hard enough for your OT?

I have a 38.75 work week and still get paid 40 hrs. salary FTW. oh and what is this OT you speak of??? :)

Don't know, still trying to figure it out myself. Out of Town pay maybe? j/k

I work at an office, have a decent hourly pay and get hardly ANY overtime. There's no way in hell I'd go back to my old job at a warehouse and bust my ass for 12 hours a night. F THAT!

Don't know, still trying to figure it out myself. Out of Town pay maybe? j/k

I work at an office, have a decent hourly pay and get hardly ANY overtime. There's no way in hell I'd go back to my old job at a warehouse and bust my ass for 12 hours a night. F THAT!

right before my boys were born I picked up a second job working in a warehouse pulling shipping orders for 4 to 5 hrs a night and loved it (was a break from the norm)

right before my boys were born I picked up a second job working in a warehouse pulling shipping orders for 4 to 5 hrs a night and loved it (was a break from the norm)

there's a difference between having option's and doing it as a second job and having to be there as your sole source of income. The physical part of the job wasn't too bad but it was crazy hours you were just expected to work. Plus the way im treated at my current job is a hell of alot better, im not being 'baby sat' by my superiors anymore.

Just going ove my tax crap, turns out I worked 354 hours overtime in 2006.

Think they ever let me have an hour off? If I ever punched in 1 min, late, I was docked 15 mins pay. People wonder why no one likes corperate America.

I worked for a company like that not too long ago. Sometimes did 90 hours a week, but boy if I was three minutes late I got a "write up". :rolleyes:

So glad I don't have to put up with that anymore.