dsm balenceshaft question

undr_psi

balenceshaft question

im getting ready to do a timingbelt and waterpump job on my 91 talon..i got the BS eliminator kit from machv and all that. my question is with removing the BS do i need to buy aand install a new bs belt and related items..or do i just need the timing belt and all that.. also anybody willing to give me a hand when the time comes??

thnks in advance for your replies

You dont need the BS belt any longer. The shafts need to be pulled the plugs put in so you have oil pressure. The oil pump needs to be pulled and the balance removed and install the new part for the pump. I has been forever since i have done it, i could be a little off.

Guest Removed
mike can do those in no time flat...call him on it. first link in my sig, or if you need to know before next week, pm me and i can set you up with his cell phone number.hes done this more times then he can remember...lol

you dont need the bs belt anymore and you are correct GMoney you do need to pull the oil pump and put in the adapter that eliminates the shaft. also i would like to recomend that you replace your hydraulic tensioner when doing the timing belt. Just a suggestion.