DHL shattered my 4L60E

mkent93

http://www.putfile.com/mkent93

I sent this out on Monday to a guy in Florida...this is how it arrived on his door step yesterday. I thought I paid for ground shipping but apparently they air-mailed it with no parachute. Now they are trying to claim I did not ask for insurance so they will cover up to $100, if that!

Anyone have a core for a 96-97 LT1 car?

BTW, I don't recommend shipping via DHL.

Sorry dude but that was your fault. You don't ship a tranny on a piece of plywood in a rubbermaid tub. Trannys need to be shipped on a pallet via freight or in a wooden crate ground.

That is not DHL's fault you just need to learn how to ship things. Hope this does not turn out to cost you a ton to make right.

Live and learn.

Actually a lot of people do it that way. When I was looking for my tranny I saw a bunch of threads where people were talking about shipping in a rubber made container to save on freight costs. The guy I got my tranny from offered but I asked him to strap it to a crate. How much was shipping the way you did it? It cost me $103.53 COD from Florida (fedex freight).

hahaha...i don't see a big problem with the rubbermaid container since it is reinforced on the bottom with plywood...what i'm not seeing is any kinda of packing materials. you shoulda spent a few bucks at Wal-Mart and bought some cheap ass towels or blankets and stuffed that thing full.