Pond Hockey!

Wease

Who likes winter now, bitch! :p

I'll pass this on to Elena, where it be at?

There are two ponds near my house, but I'm not sure if they are big enough. I'd have to shovel them off as well. I'm really hoping someone already had a big game planned and had one cleared off, or planned to clear one off.

This doesn't change my hate of winter and snow. It just makes it more bearable and reminds me of my childhood... :)

I love to play hockey, but It would have to be a really shallow big pond for me to venture out there. Just a phobia for cracking through the ice I guess.

Anyone in here play at the chiller leagues or roller hockey leagues? I think there were a few last time I heard.

I love to play hockey' date=' but It would have to be a really shallow big pond for me to venture out there. Just a phobia for cracking through the ice I guess.[/quote']

You've got to be kidding me? I know a phobia is one for a reason, but there has to be some point where logic takes over. As in, it's only been above freezing for 3 hours in the past two weeks. There's pictures of frozen WATER FALLS in Columbus that another person posted on this board and you are worried about a body of stagnant body of water not being frozen enough. Oh, and a deeper lake is better.

You've got to be kidding me? I know a phobia is one for a reason, but there has to be some point where logic takes over. As in, it's only been above freezing for 3 hours in the past two weeks. There's pictures of frozen WATER FALLS in Columbus that another person posted on this board and you are worried about a body of stagnant body of water not being frozen enough. Oh, and a deeper lake is better.

Doesn't matter, I'd rather spring the 12$ to play on an actual ice hockey rink than on a pond.

And besides, a phobia doesn't have to have any logical reasoning behind it. That's why it's a phobia. Why are people afraid of spiders, or heights or afraid to fly. Yes there's a slim chance your plane will fall out of the sky but chances and numbers are on your side that you'll be fine. There's a VERY slim chance I'd fall through a pond but it happens.

Miller's pond is decent sized, I dont know how deep it is through.

It's about 10 feet, maybe a little deeper at this time.

I'm inviting my little sister to play with us, she's super sweet @ hockey.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Bigbromario2/Jessica_5_230lbs.jpg

what needs to happen is someone with a drill and a long drill bit. Drill a small hole and measuer how deep the ice is. For every 5-10ft deep of water the pond is it needs to be a solid 6" of ice.

there is acouple ponds that people are playing on that are no more than a few feet deep. but either way count me in. Name a place and time.

OK, if anyone's up for playing, we (my neighbor, his kid, and me) cleared off a bunch of this pond today. It's a huge pond, at least 1.5 times the size of a hockey rink. Probably closer to twice the size. We are going to play tomorrow at 12:00 for a while. His kids will be inviting a few of their friends (high school age who play hockey) to play. Here is where we are playing. At the end of Highlands Dr., it dead ends and there is a large pond. If anyone wants to come out and play, be there tomorrow at 12:00. We're also possibly playing next weekend, weather permitting... :)