But all the idiots say FWD is great in the snow.....

Nitrousbird

I drove all over Columbus today; especially going from the east side to the west side and back.

Of all the cars I saw spin out, be in an accident, be in a ditch, etc. I only saw 3 vehicles that were RWD: late 90's Benz parked in the berm (probably broken, as it didn't look like it hit anything). E150 stuck in a ditch, and V6 Mustang that nosed into a retainer wall on 670.

I saw TONS of FWD cars spin out, in a ditch. Saw a blue WRX all F'ed up this morning on 670 west bound, involved with another FWD car (of course the WRX being AWD).

What was I driving? 04 E250 w/ 4.10'a, posi, and newer all-seasons. I was passing cars like they were standing still, and never once had any sensation of the van getting squirrely. I was gaining on a Malibu that spun out right in front of me.

Driving the Avalanche to/from work, simply pushed Auto Trac on, and drove (which is basically RWD until you loose traction, then the fronts come in). I only did that so I could take off harder; no need for 4WD. Again, passing cars like they were standing still, and the tires on the Avalanche are fairly worn out.

FWD = once it starts letting go, that's it, hang on for the ride. FWD sucks, winter, summer...doesn't matter when, it is just shitty. Of course there are a bunch of crappy drivers out there as well, but let's get real.

On the plus side, all the people scared to go to work today made traffic freaking light on the way home tonight. It's taken me longer to get home on sunny days before!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove all over Columbus today; especially going from the east side to the west side and back.

Of all the cars I saw spin out, be in an accident, be in a ditch, etc. I only saw 3 vehicles that were RWD: late 90's Benz parked in the berm (probably broken, as it didn't look like it hit anything). E150 stuck in a ditch, and V6 Mustang that nosed into a retainer wall on 670.

I saw TONS of FWD cars spin out, in a ditch. Saw a blue WRX all F'ed up this morning on 670 west bound, involved with another FWD car (of course the WRX being AWD).

What was I driving? 04 E250 w/ 4.10'a, posi, and newer all-seasons. I was passing cars like they were standing still, and never once had any sensation of the van getting squirrely. I was gaining on a Malibu that spun out right in front of me.

Driving the Avalanche to/from work, simply pushed Auto Trac on, and drove (which is basically RWD until you loose traction, then the fronts come in). I only did that so I could take off harder; no need for 4WD. Again, passing cars like they were standing still, and the tires on the Avalanche are fairly worn out.

FWD = once it starts letting go, that's it, hang on for the ride. FWD sucks, winter, summer...doesn't matter when, it is just shitty. Of course there are a bunch of crappy drivers out there as well, but let's get real.

On the plus side, all the people scared to go to work today made traffic freaking light on the way home tonight. It's taken me longer to get home on sunny days before!

but are you bringing your quad out to cooper tonight with everyone else??

but are you bringing your quad out to cooper tonight with everyone else??

I knew nothing about this.

I could, but my ramps are iced over, so I can't get it into the back of the Avalanche by myself very easily (espeically since I haven't purchased a rear grab bar yet). That, and I haven't purchased lights for it yet. :(

I would like to, though. PM/Call me with more info.

why does everyone say that. truley i am happy. I could care less what anyones opinion is on the subject. In the end it is just an opinion. I think before one judges someone on this matter, they need to know the person`s whom they are judging.

no hard feelings this is just how i feel, and i dont think i should be looked down upon just because i am 19. Ask anyone who knows me and my fience, they will tell you its ment to be.

...my fience...

For the love of Darwinian evolution, use your opposable thumbs to open a fucking dictionary and learn how to spell the word correctly.

EDIT: Sorry for semi-hijack, Joe. For what it's worth, I saw more RWD's spinning out today than FWD's.

why does everyone say that. truley i am happy. I could care less what anyones opinion is on the subject. In the end it is just an opinion. I think before one judges someone on this matter, they need to know the person`s whom they are judging.

no hard feelings this is just how i feel, and i dont think i should be looked down upon just because i am 19. Ask anyone who knows me and my fience, they will tell you its ment to be.

isn't that how they all relationships are until you give them a ring? you should watch "rules of engagement" "being married is about compromise, the wife wanted a cat and i didn't so we compromised and got a cat."