Who has satalite radio?

Mojoe

Looking to get pointed in the right direction. Read a bit and thinking of going with Sirius. I'm wondering what receiver/unit you are guys recommend. I will be transferring it between cars and want to keep it compact and blue LED. Anyone out there have a hook up on these?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a 07 STI radio and bought the Subaru tuner for it. SO now I have Sirius in my stock radio. I love it. Bubba's show is funny as hell, and Howard is good. Plenty of good music, I have had it for like 1 month now and I haven't listened to a CD or reg. radio since. I look forward to Daytona and hearing Tony's in car radio. I will have to sit in the car though. When football was on it was cool to listen to the game from your fav. teams announcers.

Fuck. Lock all my threads. Spaceghost has answered all of my last 3 threads. LOL. I'm just going to call Ben for the next couple of weeks and save myself the hassle of posting.

Ben, I know we talked about it for the STi. I'm looking to put this in the Legacy. Any issues with hooking up to that radio?

Don't go XM....at least not from what I experienced for the past year in my GXP. Sound quality was far less than the CD Changer sounds. If you're into talk radio/news, and in my case Comedy, then okay. Perhaps it's different in other cars.

I have Sirius coming in my next company car that should be arriving any day. Will keep you posted on that if you're still in the market then.

Raw dog comedy FTW!

Also they just added a new Channel today, CHannel 24 90's Alternative. Great station.

Joe I almost didn't answer the post for that fact but I did. :lol:

Not sure do you have a double din? BTW you would be better off with a portable radio 1 for both cars. The stock radio is not the cheapest way to go. The stilleto is pretty cool, you can listen like a walkman and in a car. It also records 8hrs of radio. Pretty cool if you don't want to miss Bubba or howard and listen when you want to. I didn't want to get my car broken into, so I went the stock radio route.

Hmm, seems everyone likes Sirius. I have XM, so does the gf and a couple friends and have thus far enjoyed it. I have had no experience with Sirius, though. My decision to go with XM was based on when they first came out and the price of the XM unit I bought. Either way, you'll never listen to public broadcast again. Same damn 10 songs over and over and sooo many commercials and crap.

Joe, I have Sirius in the 04 Mustang. Eric installed it and it was a sinch. I think we have the cheaper model (whatever that is)... If you want to try it out or want to ask any questions, give me a call. You can take the stang for a few hours and just cruize and listen to the radio to get a good feel for the stations.

~Jenn

It's overrated. I installed a Sirius package in the GTP, and will let my subscription lapse. Most of the "tuner" stations are overshadowed by local Columbus stations to the point a non-broadcasting station is still clipped with bits of a Columbus station.

I don't listen to talk radio, and have tens of thousands of MP3s at my disposal. It seems most people only buy into this shit for the talk radio, and the channels for satellite aren't that impressive with their variety. My MP3s don't have commercials, either.

Tell me about it. That part sucks. Even on the comedy channel there are comercials and shit.

I can't wait to try the sirius system. I do one trip through PA over to NJ and NY once a month and that's when I need it mostly. Otherwise, I'll enjoy a disc of MP3's or my iPod plugged in depending on which car I'm in.

Nope I don't listen to comercials between songs but you do if you have XM.

I've had it about a year and a half, best investment for entertainment I've ever made. In that time I still only listen to 4 channels, just because I can't get enough of them, even though there are soo many. Once you listen to it you can't go back to regular radio.

I got a separate tuner the plugs into the CD changer port (aftermarket CD player) so I can switch it real quick between cars. Then I listen online in the house/work.

I look forward to Daytona and hearing Tony's in car radio. I will have to sit in the car though.

Have you created your online account? With a regular unit subscription you can listen online to most of the channels (maybe they will have NASCAR stuff online?). Thats what I do at work, I don't miss a minute of Howard or Bubba.