opinions on 5.0 cylinder heads....

Dave1647545494

heres the criteria

must work with stock uncut pistons

aluminum or iron ?

must use stock intake and exhuast manifolds

every car I see has a different brand on it. whats the best bang for the buck I can buy new in the box and bolt on and run? , or is it more effective to port the stockers , or should I go junkyarding for a set from a 351w

thanks

its a nice weather driver, limited track duty, I just want to make more power with what I have by only adding heads and reusuing the rest of the parts I already have

I'd stick to a small head, the cam will be limiting (it could make a lot more with a custom grind) but I would use a AFR 165 or a ported GT40 iron.

Edelbrock performers or aluminum GT40's. Don't get anything cast iron, they are literally twice as heavy. These heads are inexpensive and they would take 50lbs. off the nose of your car. :)

The cast iron GT40's are a lot cheaper (they can be had for ~$300), flow the same, and are less prone to detonation so they tend to make a little more power, which is why I suggested them.

Rob

I've got basically the same mod list and I've got the performers, except I'm carbed.

90 block, e-cam, performer heads, performer rpm intake, holley carb, longtubes, all rollers, other smalll stuff i can't think of. I'd love 350whp off spray but no clue.

I've got basically the same mod list and I've got the performers, except I'm carbed.

90 block, e-cam, performer heads, performer rpm intake, holley carb, longtubes, all rollers, other smalll stuff i can't think of. I'd love 350whp off spray but no clue.

negative on the 350hp with those mods but nice try