Electric Cutouts

TEXASS

there's a guy in cincinnati that makes them out of his garage

http://www.dmhperformance.com

they're by far the highest quality out there (summit sells them - but you can buy direct from him)

and if you break it - no questions asked (other than maybe laughing at how you broke it) - he'll replace it

(i ran over a large stump)

they're a little more $ than the rest, but they have the best warranty and you deal with a nice guy...makes it worth it to me

(i just ordered another set last week - waiting on it to arrive)

it's definitely a fun upgrade - i recommend it

I had my last set on my daily driver for 3 years - never had to rebuild it and never had a single issue

i think nitrousbird is the only one on the internet with that opinion

do a search of 'qtp dmh cutouts' and the first several links i read recommended DMH heavily over QTP - even on boards where QTP is a registered sponsor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1158365&highlight=cutouts

I don't know know what particular you're talking about - how the motor mounts, but the DMH is much heavier and better built, in general (post a picture of yours - i'll post a picture of mine)

the QTP looks small in comparison

QTP's have a reputation for leaking

Mccord's have a reputation for breaking

Even summit sells DMH - thinks they were the best quality on the market when they looked to add them to their catalog

the only thing going for QTP is that they're a big business - you can call 9-5 monday through friday and get ahold of someone

that being said - i think QTP has some shitty policies

They'll screw you with restocking fees and being shitty about returns, whereas DMH is pleasant to deal with

Dave at DMH can take a day or two to get ahold of - and often needs an e-mail or two before he remembers to respond (not an internet guy) - the only drawback

PLUS: I can probably get you a 'deal' on the DMH cutouts

pm me if you're interested - up to you

all of the brands are fun little toys

I'll dig mine out of the garage this week (not totally sure where it is); but I stand by my QTP being more solid. I need to dig it out anyway to sell it.

I've had both. Dave was a nice guy, did take my returns, and all that jive. But when I spent more time without my e-cutout than I did with it, that was a problem. My QTP didn't just stop working on me (my DMH had the motor section come loose a couple of times). BilliumSS and Stevil on here have also had issues with their DMH units as well IIRC.

there's a guy in cincinnati that makes them out of his garage

www.dmhperformance.com

they're by far the highest quality out there (summit sells them - but you can buy direct from him)

and if you break it - no questions asked (other than maybe laughing at how you broke it) - he'll replace it

(i ran over a large stump)

they're a little more $ than the rest, but they have the best warranty and you deal with a nice guy...makes it worth it to me

(i just ordered another set last week - waiting on it to arrive)

it's definitely a fun upgrade - i recommend it

I had my last set on my daily driver for 3 years - never had to rebuild it and never had a single issue

+1 for DMH

i'm curious to see which one looks better

another car club i'm in last year did a lot of research and went with the DMH

i just got mine today - same good quality

but i don't like the new switch he uses as much as the old one (older one was bigger - like a toggle switch)

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/Picture028.jpg

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/Picture029.jpg

These things are so thick it's overkill, methinks

but i've got no problem switching over if the others are built better

the 4 year vs 3 year warranty worries me a little though

And isn't QTP the company that only warranties them for limited race use?

DMH doesn't have a limit - street/strip - he doesn't care

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/polished.jpg

QTP's plate isnt as secure form the looks of it. And the red arrow has been a weak point in my cutout. The screw came loose a lot before I replaced it. The motor in the QTP is great. However when that screw is loose it will not work. I considered welding it together at one point because it was so bad.