How fast can an M-90 spin?

Science Abuse

Basicaly, asking how much HP / CFM you can get out of one before your snout melts.

Also, does anyone have direct measurements for OD pullies? My Jag's market is weak, and I can only find 1 @ $350+. Others would be cheaper, but I'd need measurements to make sure I didn't hurt myself. Mine is already blowing 322hp worth of air, some aftermarket pullies for SC's and GTP's may actually be smaller. This is, of course, factoring out the crank pulley diameter.

just make the pulley smaller a little bit at time.....

Ive seen m-90 mulleys as small as 2.0" diameter

Smallest M90 pulley they make is a 2.35. And that's freakin' small. WAY overkill on an m-90.

Maybe Chris can chime in here and put his two cents on the table.

is the stock Diameter 3.6? im looking for a 3.4

3.8 is stock.

Don't put a 3.4 pulley on a stock motor. You do that. You chip a piston. Get other mods first.

Look at the classifieds on clubgp.com for pullies. they're a dime a dozen there. Mostly going for around $30-40 bucks.

I don't normally argue with buck but I got away with a 3.2 on a stock 3800 with 94 or better octane all the time

ya.. you also had like.. no exhaust. Just a down pipe, cat and that was it.. lol. That probably helped.

and.. you're crazy :).

3.8 is stock.

Don't put a 3.4 pulley on a stock motor. You do that. You chip a piston. Get other mods first.

Look at the classifieds on clubgp.com for pullies. they're a dime a dozen there. Mostly going for around $30-40 bucks.

Thanks man, Intense is looking at the exhaust tomorrow to see what all I need, and I soon plan on a intake and a reflash possibly.

Well it looks like im getting an SLP with trapazoizal tips. im changing the S/C oil this weekend and a tune up as well. Any good oils for the S/C out there

SLP what? cat back? I'd save your money. Just get a 3" DP, Intake, and a 3.4 pulley. Get some new plugs/wires too while you're at it.

As for the s/c oil, stick with GM S/C oil. It's around $6 or so a bottle and you'll need two bottles.

Well it looks like im getting an SLP with trapazoizal tips. im changing the S/C oil this weekend and a tune up as well. Any good oils for the S/C out there

Just buy the regular SC oil, and get a turkey baster and hold your nose, that shit stinks!

I agree with buck, don't drop a pulley size before other mods, I did a 3.4 pulley, FWI, plugs, t-stat and a ubend delete all at the same time before I knew anything about GTP's and chipped 2 pistons shortly thereafter, fucking sucked donkey balls. DON'T DO IT.

yeah.. i forgot to add. SCAN!

I bet you have knock with your stock pulley. I have a scanner if some day you wanted to swing by and we can do a few WOT runs just to see how it sits.

+1, most GTPs do have KR stock. I had mine scanned right after the pulley install and I had 3-5degrees I think from like 65+, it got bad around 90mph i think.

And I always ran 94, but all it takes is one tank of bad gas or something, but in an instant you can cause a whole lotta pain.

You SURE it's not an M62? I know those m62's have stock 2.5 (or so) pullies. If you go anywhere below 2.8 inches on an M90, you NEED to turn the snout down in order for it to even fit.

Jag has its own snout for this, I haven't seen it anywhere on other M90 cars.

I'm pretty much positive it's not an M62, and you can see that without even looking at the car. Just read the brocure; 322bhp. ;) Would an M62 blow that much air with the same size pulley? I'm thinking no. :)

From what I can see of the case, its not like you have, but more similar to the Super Coupes, possibly identical. I only really want 400 out of it, though this tugboat motor can probably go higher.

http://www.trackaddicts.net/forum/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_gallery&image_id=100

At what point do you stop squeazing this thing and just go with something else? Like a blowdrier or Novi 2000. :)

I can't see shit in that picture. Just a cover. shrug.

I was more meant to illustrate the hugeness of the engine and not the blower. Yes, I'm sure its an M90. ;) The Later V8 models use the MP112-4.

Besides, the cover doesn't cover the SC, it covers the liquid-air intercooler.

Check it out, only $800+ shipping

Here is an ad for the blower, with pics. The Aston Martin DB7 used the same supercharged inline six, but with less displacement and a bit higher compression and hp. See, tiny snout.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8f/54/ec58_1_b.JPG

SLP what? cat back? I'd save your money. Just get a 3" DP, Intake, and a 3.4 pulley. Get some new plugs/wires too while you're at it.

As for the s/c oil, stick with GM S/C oil. It's around $6 or so a bottle and you'll need two bottles.

Oh sorry. Ya Its a cat back, My resonator is leaking some and sounds awefull. And yea that U bend looks stupid.

I'd be interested in stopping by and getting the scan, Saturday if I dont have to work im going to the clubgp meet at the motor cycle museum at 3 are you guys going?

http://www.excellgtp.com/stuff/m90/

This information is for the GenV M90, so it's about 15% better in all categories over the Gen III. But you'll get the picture.

The short story with your blower is: You can run down to a 2.50" pulley on it with is approximately 18,000RPM. However, it gets TERRIBLY inefficient after, say 2.60" which is approximately 16,000RPM. On a stock case you'll will make good gains down to around a 3.10" pulley, after which you enter into diminishing returns unless you have the case S-ported to reduce heat generation. The M90 turns into a heat pump under 3.10" unless said porting is performed.

In all cases, after a 2.60" becomes significantly diminishing. Further, spinning faster than 18,000RPM (2.50") will cut the life of the blower, and it’s bearings, at an extraordinary rate.