Progressive insurance?

Buck531

Has anyone dealt with them? or have them? I just went through their site and could save around $20 a month from where I'm at at Safeco.

Filed a claim? was it bad? take care of you.

If you also have their homeowners.. chime in too :).

Guest GMoney
I have had them for years with great service, had more than one claim, and mulitple tickets. They always were fair and way better than travelers that i have now. The only reason for the switch is because i have my home owners and auto together.

Be careful that online price could change after the policy starts. I've seen it happen plenty of times. If you really want to go with them call in directly to their reps for a quote. Also be sure that all coverages are the same limits you carry now. If Progressives limits are lower on any I wouldn't switch. Also Progressive has rate increases quite often.

Be careful that online price could change after the policy starts. I've seen it happen plenty of times. If you really want to go with them call in directly to their reps for a quote. Also be sure that all coverages are the same limits you carry now. If Progressives limits are lower on any I wouldn't switch. Also Progressive has rate increases quite often.

yeah. I hear ya. I did a few things. Took my exact quote from Safeco and matched it up with progressive. Progressive was $65 a month. Safeco is $92 (with my 10% homeowners discount with them as well).

Then I took and bumped a few things up. $100 deductable for both cars on both sides. and something else. That was $73 a month. STILL cheaper than safeco.

i guess I can give them a call and find out.

Progressive doesn't do homeowners... I've been insured with them for about 3 years now, and have never had any problems. Of course, I'm biased.

Can I call you for a quote or is the online thing pretty much it?

Guest NinetyFox
An x-g/f of mine had them. She moved 3 miles down the road to a safer place and the rates went up like 20-30%. this was after the 1 year terms were up. The move was also from hilliard to columbus so the zips were different.

I just switched from Progressive to Nationwide. I had no problems with Progressive until they had to raise my rate's due an increase for the area I live in. I like to pay less for service's as time goes along, not more, especially since I have 0 points on my license and have never filed a claim. The increase was only 11 dollars a month but it bugged me for some reason. With Nationwide I save thirty dollars a month and my deductibles went down to 250 dollars, the coverage is comparable to what I had with progressive.

Shop around as always, but in the end go with whatever reputable company can offer you the coverage you need at the best price.

I had Progressive in Ohio, and they were always fair (even with a couple of major events against me). I kept them and did a new policy in Florida, and my rates went up a couple of hundred dollars a year in one of the most EXPENSIVE states to insure in.

I spoke to other car guys and it sounds like I'm paying way less. I also load up on uninsured coverage, 300/500, $5k medical, comprehensive and collision, etc...

The one thing I would advise with ANY auto insurance is to keep your deductibles high. If you want zero or $250 deductibles, you're going to pay. I have $1000 deductibles for everything. I figured that if some gangster shit happens to my Corvette (which has been hit twice in the rear bumper so far in florida :o) I'm willing to pay out of pocket up to $1000 before I file a claim. Both times the Vette has been hit, I've taken it to a very good body shop and it's been less than $700. It sounds like a lot, but if I filed a claim both times, my insurance would have gone through the roof; i.e., for Progressive to pay $1400 over two claims, they would dick me probably more than that over the next two years in premium increases.

Be smart about your insurance coverage. Stay clean and make sure you've got enough of it for what you need.

if I filed a claim both times, my insurance would have gone through the roof; i.e., for Progressive to pay $1400 over two claims, they would dick me probably more than that over the next two years in premium increases.

Clay thats a myth. I have within 2 years $30k in claims. And then skip a year. Then 7500. Never seen an increase.