$$$ for metal

Mojoe

I have all these parts and pieces I have taken off my cars. Everything from Stock exhaust, clutch, rotors, just a bunch of metal. Nothing worth selling to anyone though. I have heard that there is a recycling place in town the will give you $$ for it. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Mike, I remember you telling me about that, but didn't remember where to get the info. I just read that thread. LOL. I guess I'm in the clear with the RX 7.

1) You're only getting under it with a racing jack.

2) You won't find and cats when you get under it.

3) You set my alarm off you idiot, better start running.

As for taking it some where, anyone have an address for a place here in Columbus?

So a guy here at work had is CAT stolen from the parking lot.

He went to ace iron and metal and watched a steady stream of guys come in with freshly sawed off cats and get $100 or so each.

Ok, so I just got out of the shower. And I just got back from Ace Iron. Here's the way to get rid of your metal.

Know what you have. Steal and iron go to the back of the yard. You pull your car up on the scale and they weigh the whole car. Then he'll tell you where to drive to in the yard. You get there and some guys will tell you where to pull up and help you off load your metal. Then you just go out the way you came. Stop on the scale and wait for someone, if not, you don't get paid. He'll weigh your car again and you get paid on the difference. You must have at least 100lbs. The guy will give you a receipt that you have to take to the $ window.

I had the cat's from the RX 7 too, so for those, you go to the main area. Easy to notice, because that's where all the movement is going on. BE CAREFUL! This is as bad as any construction site. I saw a truck with a trailer pulling out and had not closed the doors on the back of the trailer. I had to yell for 2 guys to get out of the way. One was like 90 yrs old and the other had to grab him and pull both of them over some barrels so they didn't get hit with this big steal door. The old man came over and thanked the shit out of me and said he got hit with a Bobcat there a few years ago. Anyway, so the are taking me cats in and they needed to remove the heat shield from the main cat to see how much they could give me for it. The whole time I had guys asking what that cat came off of. It was like I have caught a huge bass at a fishing tournament and everyone wanted to see it. The people there are serious about this stuff. I knew the whole time they knew I had no idea how the place worked. The workers there are very cool though. They were honest, and wanted to show me why the main cat was worth $75 (like Mike said) and why the pre cat was only $5. The guy helping me was more civilized than those around him and happy to help.

I had the stock radiator from the 7 too. The just off tot he side took that and wrote it up.

So in all I had 3 separate receipts. I went to the cash window and stand in line. The line wasn't too bad 6 people are so and I'm 3rd. You'll need your drivers license and then they run you in their system(don't ask, I don't know). The guy behind the window then gives you your $. In total, I was there an hours or so. I trashed the car with mud and got it in the car too. Wear boots and know you are going to get filthy. I had this funk of oder on me when I got back in my car that had me riding home with the windows down. And don't even think about bringing a girl there.

I had 120lbs, and it paid a whopping $9.11.

Radiator $2.80

Cats $80

Total: $91.91 And more room in the garage

Sort of related.

How much do you think I can get out of this:

http://bucky.kicks-ass.net/car/mark/P2040070.JPG

In the bed. See those fence post deals? I have two HUGE gates (frames) and two huge posts. They're about 6' tall, and pretty damn thick.

I was thinking of cutting them up tomorrow and pitching them. They're aluminum I'm guessing. Any idea how much id get? would it be even worth taking it down to this place?

Cat do not need to be off the pipes. Help them out by taking the heat shield off if they have them.

Aluminum is good cash. They go by weight, and the stock RX 7 radiator is small and weighs nothing, but I got $2.80 for it.

As for the poles you have, I couldn't really tell you. All I can say is give it a try.

Sort of related.

How much do you think I can get out of this:

http://bucky.kicks-ass.net/car/mark/P2040070.JPG

In the bed. See those fence post deals? I have two HUGE gates (frames) and two huge posts. They're about 6' tall, and pretty damn thick.

I was thinking of cutting them up tomorrow and pitching them. They're aluminum I'm guessing. Any idea how much id get? would it be even worth taking it down to this place?

is that chainlink fence?

if it is its galvanized steel....

you can check it with a little magnet to make sure

is that chainlink fence?

if it is its galvanized steel....

you can check it with a little magnet to make sure

I took the chainlink off and put it in the garbage a while ago. Some trash picker picked it up.

What if it's galvanized? more money? lol