TuneBoy vs. Power Commander

Big Chief201

For those of you out there that have not heard of a tune boy I would suggest looking at one. The power commander is an after the ECU program while the tune boy actually changes the ECU calculations and it can decifer codes allow you to map any way you want. Theres a guy on a Daytona forum that remapped his bike to run off ethanol. Also it records your bike while your riding so its basically a daily dyno.

http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Compare/Compare.html

So what do you guys think about the PCIII comparison?

For those of you out there that have not heard of a tune boy I would suggest looking at one. The power commander is an after the ECU program while the tune boy actually changes the ECU calculations and it can decifer codes allow you to map any way you want. Theres a guy on a Daytona forum that remapped his bike to run off ethanol. Also it records your bike while your riding so its basically a daily dyno.

http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Compare/Compare.html

So what do you guys think about the PCIII comparison?

The main issue with the tuneboy is finding someone that will tune it for the same price as a power commander.

Recording air/fuel doesn't make it a "daily dyno", it just allows you to log your air fuel.

With the expansion capabilities of the PCIII, its still hard to beat.

First thing is that I see they only seem to cater to the twin and triple crowd. That kills the majority of the users out there...

Second, not sure where it shows how it is a system that evaluates constantly like say the Bazaaz system does. Meaning, it can see what the bike is doing in terms of revs and throttle position, amount of fuel delivery, etc. That's fine, but unless you have an oxygen sensor in the exhaust like you have with the Bazaaz unit, how can you adjust it properly? The Bazaaz unit self maps and that's more like a dyno than what you have with this Tuneboy deal...

All I know is that it looks like it is a decent idea, but in the end, the DynoJet system is proven, used by a TON of racers and teams and is due to get a little better with how well Bazaaz has done here.

I am not sure on how they can claim some of the things they do on their site. Maybe it is because Tuneboy is primarily used by Triumph owners and other not so popular bike brands? What I am saying is that you actually can do some of the things on at least in-lines with the PC III USB system that Tuneboy says cannot be done.

I'd stick with a PC III or in my opinion, the Bazaaz unit is amazing.

Right now, I am learning the Yosh EM Pro system and really like it. It has a lot of features and things you can do that isn't possible on PC or Bazaaz. Like the amount of engine braking and how you can tune that. Pretty interesting, but in the end, the PC and Bazaaz are more user friendly. This Yosh system makes me feel I need an engineering degree to run it...

Right now, I am learning the Yosh EM Pro system and really like it. It has a lot of features and things you can do that isn't possible on PC or Bazaaz. Like the amount of engine braking and how you can tune that. Pretty interesting, but in the end, the PC and Bazaaz are more user friendly. This Yosh system makes me feel I need an engineering degree to run it...

How does the EM Pro handle tuning for engine braking? Does it retard timing on a closing throttle?

How does the EM Pro handle tuning for engine braking? Does it retard timing on a closing throttle?

Honestly, Todd... I have no idea. Again, I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I'm just going off what Mark (Junge) told me. I was set back in thinking it was even possible. I mean, that's crazy!

But how it does it is unknown by me. Hell, it may be something that Mark was able to do based on what he learned from the Yosh guys. A good friend used to work with Mark on the team and is currently with Jordan and Yates's Superbike and Superstock bikes. He usually gives Mark some 411 on what is good or bad...

Heck, I cannot even find any info on anything via the internet on the damn system... All I know is I gots it on me bike, yo! And it runs pretty good and stuff!

Honestly, Todd... I have no idea. Again, I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I'm just going off what Mark (Junge) told me. I was set back in thinking it was even possible. I mean, that's crazy!

But how it does it is unknown by me. Hell, it may be something that Mark was able to do based on what he learned from the Yosh guys. A good friend used to work with Mark on the team and is currently with Jordan and Yates's Superbike and Superstock bikes. He usually gives Mark some 411 on what is good or bad...

Heck, I cannot even find any info on anything via the internet on the damn system... All I know is I gots it on me bike, yo! And it runs pretty good and stuff!

I'd be interested to know - if you ever find out. I know we played around with the Yosh boxes a couple of years ago, but the Bazzaz stuff seems like its much more user friendly - with a lot of cool features.

I'd be interested to know - if you ever find out. I know we played around with the Yosh boxes a couple of years ago, but the Bazzaz stuff seems like its much more user friendly - with a lot of cool features.

I remember the Yosh Boxes. I still have one!! Pretty much a paper weight now...

i bet it works like a engine brake on a diesel. opening the exhaust valves a little and letting the air fuel mixture to burn in the exhaust. in return causing the engine to slow. it causes high exhaust temps. it works good on diesels, its called jake brakes.

i bet it works like a engine brake on a diesel. opening the exhaust valves a little and letting the air fuel mixture to burn in the exhaust. in return causing the engine to slow. it causes high exhaust temps. it works good on diesels, its called jake brakes.

Be a little tough to do in a gas engine. Gas engines need to maintain vacuum to keep the fuel flowing through the intake. Releasing the compression defeats that.

A jake brake doesnt work by "opening the exhaust valves a little" There's an solenoid activated valve at each cylinder, and an extra lobe on the cam to activate it.

The Yosh box isn't gonna add all that stuff....

i had a tune boy for my 2002 daytona 955. was a nice unit, i liked it better than the pc. i did alot of mods to the daytona and the tuneboy was great, as far as mapping i used a shop in dayton oh. cant remeber the name of it right now but they do alot of triumph work.

call me a weirdo or what not but i kinda really hate the pc setup and they dyno tune set up, if a dyno guy knows what he is doing then that is fine but tuning to an a/f number will not get you the most usable and available power. look here for some tuning info, or just call it one guys opinion http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html